|Elevation||11,780 ft (3,591 m) NAVD 88|
|Prominence||5,213 ft (1,589 m)|
Desert Peaks Section List
|Location||Nye County, Nevada, U.S.|
|Topo map||USGS Arc Dome|
|Easiest route||Hike along the North ridge, class 1|
Arc Dome is the high point of the Toiyabe Range in northwestern Nye County, in central Nevada in the western United States. It is one of the most prominent peaks in the contiguous states. The peak is located about 53 miles (85 km) north of the community of Tonopah. The higher elevations of this section of the Toiyabe Range are in the Arc Dome Wilderness.
Arc Dome is sometimes confused with Toiyabe Dome, but these are separate peaks. Toiyabe Dome at 11,361 feet (3,463 m) is about 5 miles (8.0 km) southeast of Arc Dome, above the small community of Carvers, Nevada.
- "Toiyabe Dome Reset". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey. Retrieved 2008-04-03.
- "Arc Dome, Nevada". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2008-04-03.
- "Desert Peaks Section List". Angeles Chapter, Sierra Club. http://angeles.sierraclub.org/dps/dpslist.pdf.
- "USA Lower 48 Top 100 Peaks by Prominence". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- "Toiyabe Dome". SummitPost.org. http://www.summitpost.org/page/219910. Retrieved 2011-05-15.
- "Arc Dome". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2008-04-03.
- "Arc Dome". SummitPost.org. http://www.summitpost.org/page/151778. Retrieved 2011-05-15.
|This Nevada state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|