Archduchess Rosa of Austria
|Archduchess Rosa of Austria|
|Duchess of Württemberg|
|Spouse||Philipp Albrecht, Duke of Württemberg|
Duke Ludwig Albrecht
Duchess Marie Therese
Carl, Duke of Württemberg
Duchess Maria Antonia
|House||House of Habsburg-Lorraine
House of Württemberg
|Father||Archduke Peter Ferdinand, Prince of Tuscany|
|Mother||Princess Maria Cristina of Bourbon-Two Sicilies|
22 September 1906|
Parsch, Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria–Hungary
|Died||17 September 1983
Friedrichshafen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Archduchess Rosa Maria Antonie Roberta Josepha Anna Walburga Carmela Ignazia Rita de Cascia of Austria, full German name: Rosa Maria Antonie Roberta Josepha Anna Walburga Carmela Ignazia Rita de Cascia, Erzherzogin von Österreich (22 September 1906, Parsch, Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria–Hungary – 17 September 1983, Friedrichshafen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany) was a member of the Tuscan branch of the House of Habsburg-Lorraine and an Archduchess of Austria and Princess of Bohemia, Hungary, and Tuscany by birth. Through her marriage to Philipp Albrecht, Duke of Württemberg, Rosa was also a member of the House of Württemberg and Duchess consort of Württemberg.
Rosa was the youngest child and third daughter of Archduke Peter Ferdinand, Prince of Tuscany and his wife Princess Maria Cristina of Bourbon-Two Sicilies. Rosa was raised with her three siblings in Salzburg and Vienna until the end of World War I in 1918 when her family emigrated and moved to Lucerne, Switzerland.
Marriage and issue
Rosa married Philipp Albrecht, Duke of Württemberg, eldest child and son of Albrecht, Duke of Württemberg and his wife Archduchess Margarete Sophie of Austria, on 1 August 1928 in Friedrichshafen. Rosa and Philipp Albrecht had two sons and four daughters:
- Duchess Helene of Württemberg (born 29 June 1929), married in 1961 to Marquess Federico Pallavicini.
- Duke Ludwig Albrecht of Württemberg (born 23 October 1930), married twice morganatically, with issue.
- Duchess Elisabeth of Württemberg (born 2 February 1933), married in 1958 to Prince Antoine of Bourbon-Two Sicilies.
- Duchess Marie Thérèse of Württemberg (born 12 November 1934), married in 1957 to Prince Henri d'Orléans.
- Duke Carl Maria of Württemberg (born 1 August 1936), current head of the House of Württemberg; married Princess Diane of Orléans.
- Duchess Maria Antonia of Württemberg (31 August 1937 – 12 November 2004).
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 22 September 1906 – 1 August 1928: Her Imperial and Royal Highness Archduchess and Princess Rosa of Austria; Princess Rosa of Hungary, Bohemia, and Tuscany
- 1 August 1928 – 31 October 1939: Her Imperial and Royal Highness The Hereditary Duchess of Württemberg, Archduchess and Princess of Austria; Princess Rosa of Hungary, Bohemia, and Tuscany
- 31 October 1939 – 17 April 1975: Her Imperial and Royal Highness The Duchess of Württemberg, Archduchess and Princess of Austria; Princess Rosa of Hungary, Bohemia, and Tuscany
- 17 April 1975 – 17 September 1983: Her Imperial and Royal Highness The Dowager Duchess of Württemberg, Archduchess and Princess of Austria; Princess Rosa of Hungary, Bohemia, and Tuscany
Archduchess Rosa of Austria
Cadet branch of the House of LorraineBorn: 22 September 1906 Died: 17 September 1983
|Titles in pretence|
Title last held byCharlotte of Schaumburg-Lippe
|— TITULAR —
Queen consort of Württemberg
31 October 1939 – 17 April 1975
Diane of Orléans