Archer Heights, Chicago
|Community Area 57 - Archer Heights|
Location within the city of Chicago
|• Total||2.01 sq mi (5.21 km2)|
|• Density||6,700/sq mi (2,600/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP Codes||parts of 60632|
|Source: U.S. Census, Record Information Services|
Archer Heights is a primarily middle class neighborhood in Chicago, Illinois. One of the 77 official community areas of Chicago, it is located on the city's southwest side. The neighborhood is a center of Polish culture, and home of the Polish Highlanders Alliance of North America as well as Curie Metropolitan High School. The Almanac of American Politics 2004 states that "Even today, in Archer Heights you can scarcely go a block without hearing someone speaking Polish".
The name Archer Heights comes from the major arterial street, Archer Avenue which runs from south of Chicago's downtown area through the southwest side of Chicago and beyond into the southwest suburbs. The street is built along what was once a Native American trail.
Chicago Public Schools operates district public schools.
- Paral, Rob. "Chicago Demographics Data". Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "USA/Canada Offices". Mexicana de Aviación. Archived from the original on 19 February 2009. Retrieved January 28, 2009.
- "UNO Charter Schools." United Neighborhood Organization. Retrieved on June 16, 2012.
- Paral, Rob. "Chicago Community Areas Historical Data". Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- Archer Heights neighborhood map & guide on ExploreChicago.org
- Official City of Chicago Archer Heights Community Map
|South Lawndale, Chicago||
|Archer Heights, Chicago||Brighton Park, Chicago|
|Garfield Ridge, Chicago|
|West Elsdon, Chicago||Gage Park, Chicago|