Archibald Primrose, 4th Earl of Rosebery
He succeeded to the earldom in 1814, and was created Baron Rosebery, of Rosebery in the County of Edinburgh, in the Peerage of the United Kingdom, in 1828. He was appointed a Privy Counsellor in 1831 and a Knight of the Thistle in 1840. He was a Fellow of the Royal Society.
Lord Rosbery married firstly Harriett Bouverie in 1808. They had four children:
- Archibald John Primrose, Lord Dalmeny (1809–1851)
- Lady Harriet Primrose (born 1810)
- Lady Mary Anne Primrose (1812–1826)
- Hon. Bouverie Francis Primrose (1813–1898)
Lord and Lady Rosebery were divorced in 1815. He married secondly Anne Margaret Anson in 1819. They had two children:
- Lady Anne Primrose (22 Aug 1820-17 Sept 1862).
- Lady Louisa Primrose1 (4 May 1822–23 Mar 1870).
- "Primrose, Archibald John (Lord Dalmeny) (PRMS801AJ)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- "Archibald John Primrose, 4th Earl of Rosebery". www.thepeerage.com. 22 May 2009. Retrieved 4 April 2011.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Earl of Rosebery
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Helston
1805 – 1806
With: Sir John Shelley, Bt 1806
John Du Ponthieu
|Member of Parliament for Cashel
1806 – 1807
The 5th Earl of Hopetoun
|Lord Lieutenant of Linlithgowshire
The 6th Earl of Hopetoun
|Peerage of Scotland|
|Earl of Rosebery
1814 – 1868
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|New creation||Baron Rosebery
Member of the House of Lords
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, for a constituency in Ireland between 1801 and 1922 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (since 1801), for an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a Scottish peer or noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|