Architectural projects in Belgrade
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Architectural projects under construction in Belgrade)
|This article is outdated. (March 2014)|
There are many architectural projects under construction in Belgrade, Serbia. Since 2002, Belgrade has experienced a major construction boom. These are only some of the projects under construction in Belgrade:
- Airport City Belgrade: in New Belgrade – The construction of two new 17-storey buildings including one Crowne Plaza hotel started in April 2009.
- Blok 23: – The Verano company will invest 80 million euros in a new business building in New Belgrade.
- Belgrade Aqua Park in New Belgrade – The facility will be among the largest in Europe. Currently on hold.
- Belgrade bypass
- Marina Dorćol: The Engel company will invest €160 million in this project. The complex of hotels and apartments is to consist of five 13-storey buildings, one 11-storey building and a new marina.
- Prokop: a mega-project that's scheduled to begin in September, resulting in relocation of the main railway station and its railway tracks, which will consequently free up building space in Belgrade's inner centre. The entire project is worth an estimated 2 billion US dollars, and is scheduled to be completed within a decade. The Serbian company Energoproject will invest €200 million.
- Energoproject Blok 26: The project consists of 50,000 sq m office space in two buildings, with a total investment of €60 million in New Belgrade's Blok 26.
- VIG PLAZA: under construction in New Belgrade's Blok 11a. Vienna Insurance Group and Promo Media will invest €50 million.
- Trzni centar u Rajicevoj: start 2014, finish 2016-2017, invest €100 million
- GTC FORTYONE: Project consists of 40,000 sg m office, start 2014, finish 2016-2017, invest €70 million
- Trgovinski centar Zemun IBC: 30,000 sg m, planned finish 2017
- Hilton Hotel: planned start 2015
- DNZ DENEZA M: start 2014, planned finish 2016
- Marriott Hotel : invest €90 million, start 2013, planned finish 2015
- Belgrade Waterfront
- Belgrade Metro
- Kempinski Hotel (reconstruction of Hotel Jugoslavija): in New Belgrade on the banks of the Danube. Expansion will add two twin 144 m tall 33-storey skyscrapers. Reconstruction will start in late 2008 and the construction will be finished by 2011. Casino Austria invested about €60 million. It is expected to be one of the best casino hotels in Europe.
- Plaza Hotel in Prince Miloš Street. Total investment will be €160 million. The company bought ex-SMUP, heavily damaged during the Kosovo war for 150 million euros. The business center will have 30 floors.
- Novak Tennis Center: will be built in New Belgrade's in Blok 45. The complex will consist of 20-30 smaller tennis courts, and one main court with 5000 seats. The center will also have a tennis academy, a hotel, a hostel and other facilities. One of the owners will be ace Novak Đoković, after whom it is named.
- West 65
- Budapest-Belgrade-Skopje-Athens railroad
Finished major projects
- Ada Bridge, connecting Čukarica and New Belgrade, finished in 2012–13 (construction started in 2008)
- Avala TV Tower, reconstructed following the NATO Airstrikes of 1999, finished in 2009 (reconstruction started in 2006)
- Belville, residential area finished in 2009 (project started in 2006)
- Delta City Belgrade, shopping centre finished in 2007 (project started in 2006)
- Sava City, in New Belgrade, shopping centre finished in 2006
- Kombank Arena, sports hall finished in 2004
- Pupinov Bridge: connecting Zemun and Borča, finished in December 2014