Architectural projects in Belgrade
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Architectural projects under construction in Belgrade)
|This article is outdated. (March 2014)|
There are many architectural projects under construction in Belgrade, Serbia. Since 2002, Belgrade has experienced a major construction boom. These are only some of the projects under construction in Belgrade:
- Airport City Belgrade: in New Belgrade – The construction of two new 17-storey buildings including one Crowne Plaza hotel started in April 2009.
- Blok 23: – Verano company will invest 80 million euros in new business building in New Belgrade.
- Belgrade Aqua Park in New Belgrade – The facility will be among the largest in Europe. Currently on hold.
- Belgrade bypass
- Marina Dorćol: The Engel company will invest 160 million € in this project. The complex of hotels and apartments is to consist of five 13-storey buildings, one 11-storey building and a new marina.
- Prokop: a mega-project that's scheduled to begin in September, resulting in relocation of the main railway station and its railway tracks, which will consequently free up building space in Belgrade's inner centre. The entire project is worth an estimated 2 billion US dollars, and is scheduled to be completed within a decade. Serbian company Energoproject will invest 200 million €.
- Energoproject Blok 26: Project consists of 50,000 sq m office space in two buildings, with a total investment of 60 million € in New Belgrade's Blok 26.
- VIG PLAZA: under construction in New Belgrade's Blok 11a. Vienna Insurance Group and Promo Media will invest 50 million €.
- Zemun-Borča Bridge: which will connect Zemun and Borča. China will finance and build the project.
- Belgrade Waterfront
- Belgrade Metro
- Kempinski Hotel (reconstruction of Hotel Jugoslavija): in New Belgrade on the Danube coast. Expansion will add two twin 144m tall 33-storey skyscrapers. Reconstruction will start in late 2008 and the construction will be finished by 2011. Casino Austria invested about 60 million €. It is expected to be one of the best Casino-Hotels in Europe.
- Plaza Hotel in Prince Miloš Street. Total investment will be 160 million €. Company bought ex-SMUP, heavily damaged during Kosovo war for 150 million euros. Business center will have 30 floors.
- Novak Tennis Center: will be built in New Belgrade's in Blok 45. Complex will consist of 20-30 smaller tennis courts, and one main court with 5000 seats. The center will also have a tennis academy, a hotel, a hostel and other facilities. One of the owners will be ace Novak Đoković, after whom it is named.
- West 65
- Ada Bridge
- Avala TV Tower was reconstructed following the NATO Airstrikes of 1999.
- GTC Square started to be built in spring 2007 in block 41A of New Belgrade. It will occupy 25,000 square meters. 
- Sava City in New Belgrade
- Univerzitetsko Selo – University Village for the 2009 Universiade, under construction in New Belgrade. The project costs 200 million euros. The British company Mace is overseeing construction.
- Delta City