|Builders:||Thornycroft, Church Wharf, Chiswick|
|Class & type:||A class destroyer|
|Displacement:||265 long tons (269 t)|
|Length:||200 ft (61 m)|
|Propulsion:||Triple expansion steam engines
Coal-fired water-tube boilers
|Armament:||1 × 12-pounder gun
5 × 6-pounder guns
2 × 18 in (457 mm) torpedo tubes
The Ardent-class were, except for their armament, identical to the preceding Daring class, being armed with one 12 pounder quick-firing gun forward and five 6-pounder guns, mounted on the broadside and aft, and two torpedo tubes on a revolving mount abaft the two funnels.
- Ardent, launched 16 October 1894, sold 1911.
- Boxer, launched 28 November 1894, lost in collision 8 February 1918.
- Bruizer, launched 27 February 1895, sold 26 May 1914.
Media related to Ardent class destroyer at Wikimedia Commons
- Lyon, David (1996). The First Destroyers. ISBN 1-84067-364-8.
- Manning, Captain T.D. (1961). The British Destroyer. Putnam and Co.
|This article about a specific naval ship or boat of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|