Ard na Croise
Ardnacrusha Power Plant
|Time zone||WET (UTC+0)|
|• Summer (DST)||IST (WEST) (UTC-1)|
|Irish Grid Reference||R583618|
Ardnacrusha (Irish: 'Ard na Croise') is a village in County Clare, Munster, Ireland located on the northern bank of the River Shannon. By road it is 6.6 kilometres (4.1 mi) north of Limerick.The name derives from the phrase Ard na Croise meaning "the height of the cross", due to a large cross marker placed there in 1111 to mark the boundary of the Diocese of Limerick.
- Google, Inc. "Ardnacrusha". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.708333,-8.612222&q=loc:52.708333,-8.612222&hl=en&t=h&z=9. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Ardnacrusha: Historical Background". Clare County Library. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- "Ard Na Crusha". Parliamentary Gazeteer of Ireland. Clare County Library. 1845. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- "Ardnacrusha". Clare County Library. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- Cox, Ronald C. (1998). Ireland. Thomas Telford. p. 272. ISBN 978-0-7277-2627-8.
Media related to Ardnacrusha at Wikimedia Commons
|This article related to the geography of County Clare, Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|