Area code 321
Area code 321 is the area code serving Brevard County, Florida. The area code has been in use since November 1, 1999; it was assigned to the area, instead of suburban Chicago, after a successful petition led by local resident Robert Osband to commemorate the Space Coast's impact on the county. The code refers to the countdown sequence which has launched many spacecraft from Cape Canaveral.
This is also the one area code currently used with SatCom Satellite Phone units. Harris/Caprock Corporation also has Maritime satellite calls going through their Corporate Call Center in Melbourne, FL which use 321 area code.
- "3-2-1, Call Cape Canaveral". The New York Times. 1999-11-23. Retrieved March 2, 2011.
- MEHTA, STEPHANIE N. (1999-02-26). "The Kennedy Space Center Acquires A New Area Code: 3-2-1, as in Blast Off". Wall Street Journal.
- http://www.satcomdirect.com/main/company/about-us.aspx All calls go through the service's Melbourne, Florida data center. Company HQ in Satellite Beach.
- NANPA Area Code Map of Florida
- Florida's Area Code History
- How I Got My Own Area Code by Richard Cheshire, "The Cheshire Catalyst"
|Florida area codes: 239, 305, 321, 352, 386, 407, 561, 727, 754, 772, 786, 813, 850, 863, 904, 941, 954|
|North: Atlantic Ocean|
|West: 407/321||area code 321 (standalone)||East: Atlantic Ocean|
|This Florida state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a telephone area code is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|