From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Ares or ares in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Ares is the Greek god of war and violence.
Ares or ARES may also refer to:
- 1 Technology
- 2 Science
- 3 Arts and Entertainment
- 4 People
- 5 Places (geography)
- 6 Religion
- 7 Other uses
- 8 See also
- Aerial Regional-scale Environmental Survey, an unmanned airplane proposed to fly on Mars
- Scaled Composites ARES, a demonstrator aircraft built by the company Scaled Composites.
- Ares (rocket), various proposed and existing launch vehicles and missiles
- Tavor TAR-21 or Ares TAR-21a, an Israeli machine gun
- Ares Shrike Belt Fed Conversion for M16/M4/AR15
- Ares Galaxy, a peer-to-peer file-sharing program
- Ares (computer game)
- Ares PCB Layout, part of Proteus (design software)
- A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda, side-scrolling action platform game
Arts and Entertainment
- Ares (manhwa), a Korean comic about a group of mercenaries
- Ares (Hercules and Xena), the Greek god as portrayed on the TV series Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena: Warrior Princess
- "Ares" (Hercules: The Legendary Journeys), an episode of Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
- Ares (Marvel Comics), the Greek god as he appears in Marvel Comics
- Ares (DC Comics), the Greek god as he appears in DC Comics
- Ares Macrotechnology, a megacorporation in the Shadowrun universe
- Ares (magazine), a science fiction wargame magazine.
- Ares, a large interplanetary spacecraft that brought the first hundred colonists to Mars in the science fiction novel Red Mars in the Mars trilogy series by Kim Stanley Robinson
- Ares IV, a spacecraft in the Star Trek: Voyager episode "One Small Step"
- Operation Ares, a science fiction novel by Gene Wolfe
Forename or given name
- Ares Tavolazzi, an Italian bass player and jazz musician
Nickname, pseudonym, or alternate name
- Ares (musician), Norwegian extreme metal musician
- Donna Ares, the stage name of Bosniak folk singer Azra Kolaković
- Ares Schwager, the nickname/stagename of the American musician and guitarist Brian Schwager.
- Marco Jaggi, a professional wrestler who uses the wrestling ring name Ares
- Aris Velouchiotis or Ares Velouchiotis (the nom de guerre of Athanasios Klaras, leader of Greek resistance during WWII)
- Arès, a town at the north of Arcachon Bay in France
- Ares, Spain, a municipality in Spain
- Ares del Maestre, a town in Alt Maestrat, Spain
- Ares Cliff, a cliff on the east side of Alexander Island in Antarctica
- Col d'Ares, a Pyrenees mountain pass on the border between France and Spain
- Col des Ares, a mountain pass in Haute-Garonne in southwest France
- Muela de Ares, a high mountain in the province of Castellón, Spain
- "Rock of Ares", a rock outcropping site in Greece known as the Areopagus
- Pilgrims of Arès, a religious movement founded in France in 1974
- Temple of Ares, an early Roman place of religious worship
- Advanced Rail Energy Storage, a new energy storage system utilizing gravitational potential energy
- L'Alliance républicaine, écologique et sociale (ARES), a French coalition of parties
- ARES Incorporated, a firearm and weapon system manufacturer started by Eugene Stoner
- Amateur Radio Emergency Service, a corps of volunteer emergency radio operators
- Australian Army Reserve, the reserve component of the Australian Army
- ARES (Aciéries Rodange Esch-Schifflange) formed in 1994 from ARBED-Esch Schifflange and Métallurgique et Minière de Rodange-Athus, a subsidiary of ARBED
- ARES, Automated Records and Engineering System. An automated system used for design and recording of items of exterior plant in the telephony-world
- ARES, International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security
- Plural of "are": see hectare, a unit of measurement for area commonly used in Europe.
- Aries (disambiguation)
- Aris (disambiguation)
- Ares in popular culture
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ares.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.