Arezzo railway station
|View of the passenger building.|
|Address||Piazza della Repubblica
52100 Arezzo AR
|Distance||227.370 km (141.281 mi)
from Roma Termini
|Opened||16 April 1866|
|Manager||Rete Ferroviaria Italiana
There is a large operational freight yard.
Arezzo is part of the Centostazioni network which includes the hundred most important stations in Italy.
Two railway companies serve Arezzo:
- Trenitalia (Ferrovie dello Stato group) operates the majority of trains. It provides services to the Valdarno, Valtiberina, Rome, Florence, Milan, Naples.
- LFI (La Ferrovia Italiana) operates only trains to Pratovecchio and Sinalunga.
Arezzo station is near to the interconnections (Arezzo Nord and Arezzo Sud) with the "direttissima" high speed line. This provides connections to Florence in less than 40 minutes covering a distance of 88 kilometres.
This station is part of the "Memorario" project which provides a regular timetable.
The station has a CCTV surveliance on all platforms and in the subway.
All platforms, except for platform 6, are connected by a subway and lifts.
This station has seven platforms. Only platforms 1 North (service to Pratovecchio) and 6 (service to Sinalunga) are dedicated to LFI trains. All the other platforms are used for Trenitalia services.
|1N||■Arezzo-Pratovecchio railway line||To Pratovecchio|
|1||■Florence-Rome railway line||To Florence|
|2||■Florence-Rome railway line||To Florence|
|3||■Florence-Rome railway line||To Foligno, Rome, Naples.|
|4||■Florence-Rome railway line||To Florence, Milan.|
|5||■Florence-Rome railway line||Used for train interchange.|
|6||■Arezzo-Sinalunga railway line||To Sinalunga.|
|Chiusi||Florence–Rome high-speed railway line (direttissima: high speed line)||Firenze Campo di Marte|
|Castiglion fiorentino||Florence-Rome railway line (fast and semi-fast regional trains passing trough the low speed line)||Montevarchi|
|Castiglion fiorentino||Florence-Rome railway line (metropolitan trains passing trough the low speed line)||Ponticino|
|Terminus||Arezzo-Pratovecchio railway line(LFI service)||Giovi|
|Terminus||Arezzo-Sinalunga railway line(LFI service)||Arezzo Pescaiola|
- History of rail transport in Italy
- List of railway stations in Tuscany
- Rail transport in Italy
- Railway stations in Italy
- http://www.rfi.it/cms-file/allegati/rfi/Firenze.pdf, RFI (only Italian)
- According to the official train timetable of Trenitalia, In Treno. Consulted on 18 January 2010