Bangladesh opened a diplomatic mission in Argentina in the 1970s, but it has since been closed.
Trade and economic relations
Bangladesh and Argentina have shown interest in expanding the bilateral economic activities between the two countries. Bangladeshi ships, pharmaceuticals, ready made garments, melamine and ceramics have been identified as products with huge potential in the Argentinian market. There is a good demand in Argentina for Bangladeshi ceramics with FARR Ceramics being a major Bangladeshi ceramics exporter to Argentina.
Argentina has shown interests to conduct Spanish language course for Bangladeshi officials. Argentina also intends to sign visa waiver agreement with Bangladesh.
- ur Rashid, Harun (27 March 2011). "An Overview of Bangladesh Foreign Policy during the last 40 years". Dhaka Courier.
- "President stresses enhanced trade with Argentina". The Daily Star. 20 November 2008. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- "Dhaka eyes on Latin America, Caribbean markets". Daily Sun. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- Paul, Ruma (19 March 2007). "Bangladesh garment exports could double-association". Reuters News.
- Nur, Shah Alam (8 July 2013). "$50 million likely to be earned from more ceramic exports this year". The Financial Express (Bangladesh).
- "President for increasing trade volume with Argentina". The Bangabhaban. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- "FARR Ceramics sets foot in Argentina". The Daily Star. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- "INTERVIEW-India to step up Argentine soyoil imports". Reuters News. 15 July 2010.
- "Bangladesh sees trade, investment potential in Latin America". Priyo News. Retrieved 26 February 2014.