|Initial release||April 1999|
|Stable release||0.34 / December 14, 2011|
|Operating system||cross-platform (Java)|
|Type||Software development, UML Tool|
|License||Eclipse Public License 1.0|
ArgoUML is an UML diagramming application written in Java and released under the open source Eclipse Public License. By virtue of being a Java application, it is available on any platform supported by Java.
ArgoUML was originally developed at UC Irvine by Jason E. Robbins, leading to his Ph.D. It is now an open source project hosted by Tigris.org. The ArgoUML project now includes more than 19,000 registered users and over 150 developers.
In 2003, ArgoUML won the Software Development Magazine's annual Readers' Choice Award in the “Design and Analysis Tools” category.
ArgoUML development has suffered from lack of manpower. For example, Undo has been a perpetually requested feature since 2003 but has not been implemented yet.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (November 2010)|
- All 9 UML 1.4 diagrams are supported.
- Closely follows the UML standard.
- Platform independent – Java 1.5+.
- Click and Go! with Java Web Start (no setup required, starts from your web browser).
- Standard UML 1.4 Metamodel.
- XMI support.
- Export diagrams as GIF, PNG, PS, EPS, PGML and SVG.
- Available in ten languages: EN, EN-GB, DE, ES, IT, RU, FR, NB, PT, ZH.
- Advanced diagram editing and zoom.
- Built-in design critics provide unobtrusive review of design and suggestions for improvements.
- Extensible modules interface.
- OCL support.
- Forward engineering (code generation supports C++ and C#, Java, PHP 4, PHP 5, Python, Ruby and, with less mature modules, Ada, Delphi and SQL).
- Reverse engineering / JAR/class file import.
- ArgoUML does not yet completely implement the UML standard.
- Partial undo feature (working for graphics edits )
- "Tech Transitions at ISR UCI".
- "Dr. Dobb's Readers' Choice Awards, 2003".
- "UML Specification Incompatibility list". ArgoUML documentation.
- "ArgoUML 0.19.3 released". Undo working for graphics edits (this is mostly a GEF addition).
- "Issue 1834. Implement undo". Undo working for graphics edits (this is mostly a GEF addition).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ArgoUML.|
|This Unified Modeling Language article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|