ARGO (ATV manufacturer)
|Industry||All-terrain amphibious vehicles|
|Headquarters||New Hamburg, Ontario, Canada|
|Key people||Joerg Stieber - President & CEO|
|Products||Amphibious ATV and amphibious UTV|
|Divisions||Vehicle Division & Gear Division|
ARGO is a Canadian manufacturer of amphibious all-terrain vehicles. It was founded in 1962 as Ontario Drive and Gear Limited, in Kitchener, Ontario and was later moved to New Hamburg, Ontario. ARGO offers 6x6 and 8x8 amphibious vehicles.
The ARGO is an all-terrain 8x8|6x6 amphibious utv. ODG has been manufacturing the ARGOs for over three decades. ARGO produces a similar full body/cab version named the Centaur.
- 8x8 and 6x6
- Triple differential ADMIRAL steering transmission provides even torque to all 8 of the 25" ARGO tires.
- Hydraulic vented disk brakes
- Front and rear axle bearing extensions
- One-piece handlebar steering control with mounted brake lever.
- Aftermarket parts available
- Company Profile
- "Nunavut SAR Volunteers Receive 12 Amphibious Avenger ATVs to Tackle Rescues in Partially-Thawed (or -Frozen) Conditions". Canadian American Strategic Review. 2009-11. Archived from the original on 2009-11-23.
- "Avenger in Collector's Garb". Nebraska Farmer. 2007-10-07. Archived from the original on 2009-11-23.
- Jeremy Clarkson (2009-08-07). "Why small Argo Avenger is in a class of its own". Business Daily Africa. Archived from the original on 2009-09-26. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- http://www.therecord.com/news-story/2573440-ontario-drive-and-gear-over-the-moon-with-rover-vehicle/ The Record - Ontario Drive and Gear over the moon with rover vehicle