From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The airline was established and started operations in 2000 as Aria Air Tour. Aria Air was founded by Captain Asghar Abdollahpour and Captain Mahdi Dadpei.
The Aria Air fleet consists of the following aircraft (as of January 2013):
- On 24 July 2009, Aria Air Flight 1525 an Ilyushin IL-62M, registered UP-I6208, crashed on landing at Mashhad International Airport, Mashhad, Iran, killing 17 people including the CEO Mehdi Dadpei. A further 136 escaped but 19 of them were injured.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-03-27. p. 77.
- "2nd UPDATE: At Least 17 Killed In Iran Air Accident-IRNA". Morning Star. Retrieved 24 July 2009.
- "Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 24 July 2009.
- "Seventeen die in Iran plane blaze". BBC News Online. 24 July 2009. Archived from the original on 24 July 2009. Retrieved 24 July 2009.
- "Iran plane slams into perimeter wall killing 17". Yahoo News. Retrieved 25 July 2009.[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aria Air.|
|This article relating to an Asian airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Iran is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|