Torresdale campus in September 2013
|Location||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Affiliated university||Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine|
|Emergency department||Level II trauma center|
|Lists||Hospitals in Pennsylvania|
Aria Health, formerly called Frankford Health Systems, is a healthcare system in Northeast Philadelphia and Lower Bucks County. It consists of three hospitals and a number of outpatient clinics. With 4,025 employees, Aria Health is the 14th largest private employer in the city of Philadelphia.
The Frankford campus of Aria Health opened on July 4, 1903. The Frankford campus is a general medical and surgical hospital with 485 beds. In the last year with data available, the hospital had 131,188 emergency room visits, and performed 7,686 inpatient and 11,561 outpatient surgeries. Aria Health - Frankford is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
In 1977, the Torresdale campus of Aria Health opened in northeast Philadelphia. It is a 258-bed hospital, and a Level II trauma center. The Torresdale campus has a 1,300 car parking garage. Aria Health also operates an urgent care clinics in the Torresdale area.
Bucks County Hospital
Aria Health sought to build a new 229-bed facility in Lower Makefield to replace Bucks County Hospital. Local residents opposed this project, due to concerns about traffic congestion. In 2013, Aria Health proposed news plans for a "health care village," a facility offering multiple health care services, which may have lower impact on the environment and traffic congestion.
Graduate medical education
Aria Health operates a number of osteopathic residency programs accredited by the American Osteopathic Association. Aria Health hosts residency programs in family medicine, internal medicine, emergency medicine, Aria Health operates two combined programs: one in internal/emergency medicine residency and another in combined family/emergency medicine residency program. Aria Health also runs a critical care fellowship program.
- "Aria Health-torresdale Division Heliport (1PS6) Information". Airport-Data.com.
- "Our History". Aria Health.
- Goldstein, Josh (August 30, 2010). "PA Hospital’s Kathleen Kinslow to lead Aria Health". The Inquirer.
- Staff writer (Sep 26, 2012). "Largest employers in the Philadelphia region: Slideshow". Philadelphia Business Journal.
- Staff writer (March 27, 2013). "The 15 largest private employers in Philadelphia". The Inquirer.
- "Aria Health". US News & World Report.
- "Campus Information (Torresdale)". Aria Health.
- George, John (Jul 12, 2011). "Aria Health’s Torresdale campus gets parking garage expansion". Philadelphia Business Journal.
- Lattanzio, Vince (May 9, 2013). "Urgent Care, Right in Your Backyard". NBC10 Philadelphia.
- George, John (Apr 1, 2013). "Hospital begins $37 million expansion". Philadelphia Business Journal.
- "Campus Information (Bucks County)". Aria Health.
- George, John (Mar 16, 2012). "Aria Health facing opposition in Bucks County". Philadelphia Business Journal.
- Brubaker, Harold (September 21, 2013). "'Health-care village' proposed for Lower Makefield site". The Inquirer.
- "PCOM/Aria Health - Family Medicine Residency". American Osteopathic Association.
- "PCOM/Aria Health - Internal Medicine Residency". American Osteopathic Association.
- "PCOM/Aria Health - Emergency Medicine Residency". American Osteopathic Association.
- "PCOM/Aria Health - Internal Med-Emergency Med Residency". American Osteopathic Association.
- "PCOM/Aria Health - Family Medicine/Emergency Med Residency". American Osteopathic Association.
- "PCOM MEDNet/Aria Health - Critical Care-Medicine Fellowship". American Osteopathic Association.
- "2014 CASPR Directory". American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine.