Grande at the Los Angeles premiere of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 in November 2012
|Birth name||Ariana Grande-Butera|
June 26, 1993 |
Boca Raton, Florida, U.S.
|Genres||Pop, pop rock, R&B|
|Occupations||Actress, singer, dancer, voice artist|
Ariana Grande-Butera (born June 26, 1993), known professionally as Ariana Grande, is an American actress, singer, and dancer. She made her performance debut on Broadway at age 15, originating the role of Charlotte in 13 in 2008. Recently, she has gained attention for her role as Cat Valentine on the Nickelodeon sitcom Victorious, which she will reprise in Sam & Cat, a spinoff of iCarly and Victorious.
Grande was born and raised in Boca Raton, Florida. She is of Italian descent, half Sicilian, half Abruzzese. Her name was inspired by Princess Oriana from Felix the Cat. She has an older brother, Frankie Grande, who is a performer and producer. He also was one of Grande's backup dancers on her first tour. Grande sang as a soloist in various symphonies, such as South Florida’s Philharmonic, Pops and Symphonia Orchestras. She has sung various times in NYC's Birdland and sang the National Anthem on the first live broadcast of the Florida Panther’s hockey league. In her early years, she has been a soloist with various symphonies including South Florida’s Philharmonic, Pops and Symphonia Orchestras, and has had repeated appearances singing at NYC’s own Birdland. Ariana performed the National Anthem for the first live Fox Sports broadcast of the Anthem for the Florida Panther’s hockey league at age eight, her first National TV performance.
2008–12: Beginnings and Victorious
In 2008, Grande played the role of Charlotte in the musical 13 on Broadway, for which she won a National Youth Theatre Association Award. When she joined the musical, Grande left her high school, North Broward Preparatory School, but continued to be enrolled. The school sent materials to her so she could study with tutors. In 2010, she created the original role of Miriam in the reading of the new musical, Cuba Libre, written and produced by Desmond Child. Grande played the character Cat Valentine on the Nickelodeon television show Victorious, which premiered in March 2010. It ended on February 2, 2013. Grande was also featured in Dream Magazine as the cover girl for the August 2011 issue. In 2011, Ariana voiced an animated fairy, Princess Diaspro, on the Nickelodeon series Winx Club and starred as Snow White along with Charlene Tilton and Neil Patrick Harris in the Pasadena Playhouse production of A Snow White Christmas from December 13–23, 2012. In 2012, Grande sang a duet with MIKA on the single version of his track Popular Song.
In the following month it was also announced that Victorious's current season (Season 3, which was split to a fourth season) will be the last. Grande tweeted stating that she wasn't hoping for it to end and was looking forward to being on both shows. It was announced that the third soundtrack would be released on November 6, 2012 titled as Victorious 3.0. The first single was called "LA Boyz" (which was performed by Grande and Justice) and the music video was released October 18, 2012. In 2012, Grande began dating Jai Brooks, a member of the Australian YouTube group The Janoskians. They had a long distance relationship until December 2012, when they met for the first time in New York City. In March 2013, Grande confirmed that she and Brooks had ended their relationship due to the long distance, but still are very good friends.
2013–present: Sam & Cat and Daydreamin'
It was announced during the network's presentation at the Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour on August 3, 2012 that Sam & Cat, which would pair Grande from Victorious and Jennette McCurdy from iCarly together in a traditional "buddy sitcom" setting, where they would reprise their roles as Cat Valentine and Sam Puckett. Sam & Cat was picked up by Nickelodeon on November 29, 2012. The pilot suggests they will be roommates who launch a babysitting business for income.
Grande is working on her first studio album, Daydreamin', which is due for release in early 2013. Grande commented on the album saying: "They can expect a lot of honesty. It's like a direct... you know, it's like it used to be pages from my diary, instead of keeping diary, I would write songs about what was happening in my life. So it's really personal. It's a Motown throwback and pop at the same time, so it's '50s and '60s inspiration mixed with today." The album was inspired by artists like Amy Winehouse, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Katy Perry, Madonna and other like these. Grande worked with artists like Sky Blue from LMFAO, 3OH!3, Kool Kojak, and Pebe Sebert on the album. She was also working in the studio with Jonas Brothers singer Nick Jonas. It was stated by Grande in an interview that the second single from her debut album would be released around Valentine's Day of 2013, but never was. On March 26, 2013, Ariana's first single off her debut album, "The Way" featuring Pittsburgh rapper Mac Miller, was released.
At the age of 10, Grande co-founded the youth singing group, Kids Who Care, in South Florida, which performed for charitable fund-raising events, raising over $500,000 for charities in 2007 alone. In the summer of 2009, as a member of the charitable organization, Broadway in South Africa, Grande performed and taught music and dance to children in Gugulethu, South Africa along with her brother Frankie. Grande is also partnering with Kleenex on its "Shield Sneeze Swish" campaign. Ariana Grande also performed at the DVD release concert of Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked in Los Angeles.
|2013||Swindle||Amanda Benson||Main role|
|2009||The Battery's Down||Bat Mitzvah Riffer||"Bad Bad News" (season 2: episode 2)|
|2010–2013||Victorious||Cat Valentine||Main role|
|2011||iCarly||Cat Valentine||"iParty with Victorious" (season 4: episode 11-13)|
|2011||Winx Club||Princess Diaspro||Voice role
"Revenge of the Trix" (season 1: episode 2)
"The Company of Light" (season 3: episode 7)
"A Tricky Adversary" (season 3: episode 8)
"Heart and the Sword" (season 3: episode 9)
|2013–present||Sam & Cat||Cat Valentine||Co-lead role|
|2008||13||Charlotte / Patrice|
|2012||A Snow White Christmas||Snow White|
Awards and nominations
|2008||National Youth Theatre Association Awards||Best Actress||13||Won|
|2010||Hollywood Teen TV Awards||Teen Pick Actress: Comedy||Victorious||Nominated|
|2012||Favorite Television Actress||Won|
- "Ariana Grande - Overview". Allmusic. Retrieved January 2, 2013.
- "Twitter: Ariana Grande (verified account)". May 5, 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-08. "@pridelittlered Ariana Grande-Butera, everyone thinks Joan is my middle name but I don't actually have one! What's your middle name luv?"
- "Twitter: Ariana Grande (verified account)". February 3, 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-03. "Oh my goodness. Look what I just found!.. This is my school ID from 8th grade. LOL. Had 2 share this with you guys."
- "Ariana Grande – about". arianagrande.com. Archived from the original on 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2012-03-06.
- "Twitter: Ariana Grande (verified account)". June 26, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-26. "I was born 17 years ago today. Woooop. :)"
- Laracy, Noah. "Ariana Grande: A Back Stage Exclusive". Back Stage, May 6, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-23.
- "Twitter: Ariana Grande (verified account)". February 22, 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-28. "I am Italian American, half Sicilian and half Abruzzese…"
- "Ariana Grande - About Ariana". OfficalArianaGrande. Retrieved 2012.
- "Ariana Grande: From Boca To Broadway". Girl2watch.com, May 4, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-23.
- August Cover: Ariana Grande.
- "Ariana Grande, Charlene Tilton and Neil Patrick Harris Headline A SNOW WHITE CHRISTMAS at Pasadena Playhouse, 12/13-23 – BroadwayWorld.com « Pasadena Playhouse". Pasadenaplayhouse.org. 2012-09-07. Retrieved 2012-12-03.
- Popular Song - Single Premiere, Retrieved 19/12/12.
- Big Time Rush (August 10, 2012). "M Exclusive: Victorious will NOT be returning for season four! – M Magazine". Mmm-mag.com. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- "Ariana Grande Dating Jai Brooks". BSC Kids.
- "Ariana Grande Twitlonger". Ariana Grande Verified Twitter.
- "Jai Brooks interview". Zach Sang Youtube.
- "Ariana Ask.fm answer".
- "Nickelodeon greenlights an 'iCarly' spinoff and other new shows". Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (2012-11-29). "Nickelodeon Greenlights Spinoff of 'iCarly,' 'Victorious'". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2012-11-29.
- "Do u have a name for the album yet??". Ask.fm. Retrieved 2012-12-29.
- Lauren Joskowitz (2012-08-08). "Ariana Grande on debut album: 'It used to be pages from my diary'". Sheknows.com. Retrieved 2012-12-29.
- "Ariana Grande Writing W/ NICK JONAS!". oceanUP.com. Retrieved 2013-01-05.
- Log nu in om een reactie te plaatsen. (2011-04-01). "Ariana Grande Talks Working With Nick Jonas". YouTube. Retrieved 2013-01-05.
- "Nick Jonas". Nick J Online. 2011-05-06. Retrieved 2013-01-05.
- "Twitter / ArianaGrande: My new single "The Way" feat". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- "The Way: Ariana Grande: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- "iTunes - Music - The Way (feat. Mac Miller) - Single by Ariana Grande". Itunes.apple.com. 2013-03-26. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- Grande interview with WPIX TV, April 30, 2009. Retrieved 2010-06-23.
- "A Snow White Christmas « The Pasadena Playhouse". Pasadenaplayhouse.org. 2012-12-30. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- "BIOGRAFÍA DE ARIANA GRANDE". Musica.com.
- "Hollywood Teen TV Awards".
- "Hollywood Teen TV Awards - Favorite Television Actress".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Ariana Grande|
- Official website
- Ariana Grande at the Internet Movie Database
- Ariana Grande at the Internet Broadway Database