Ariane in 2012
November 3, 1987 |
|Billed from||Orlando, Florida|
|Trained by||Trish Stratus
|Debut||July 7, 2011|
Ariane Nicole Andrew (born November 3, 1987) is an American dancer, fashion model, professional wrestler and manager signed with WWE and appearing under the ring name Cameron. Under her real name, Ariane joined the 2011 season of Tough Enough. where she was the first competitor eliminated. She later signed with WWE and joined Naomi in forming The Funkadactyls. In 2013, Ariane was featured as one of the main cast of the 2013 Total Divas reality television show.
World Wrestling Entertainment/WWE (2011–present)
Tough Enough (2011)
In 2011, Andrew competed in an untelevised Diva Search & won, winning a WWE contract. Later that year, Andrew was one of fourteen contestants on the revival of WWE Tough Enough. Even though Ariane was first eliminated from the show, she now is successful with being apart of the main cast on WWE's hit reality show Total Divas and is one half of The Funkadactyls.
Florida Championship Wrestling (2011–2012)
Immediately after being eliminated on the revival season of Tough Enough, Andrew confirmed on her official Twitter account that WWE had signed her to a developmental contract as she would then make her debut on July 7, 2011, as a ring announcer at a FCW house show. It was not until July 9 that she made her in-ring debut, under the new ring name Cameron Lynn, in a divas battle royal, which consisted of Audrey Marie, Caylee Turner, Kaitlyn, Maxine, Raquel Diaz, Sonia, and Aksana, in which she was eliminated first. On the October 9, 2011, episode of FCW Televison, she made her debut with Byron Saxton accompaning Naomi to ringside during her match against the debuting Leah West, which she won. At the October 23 episode of FCW Televison Tapings, McCray teamed with Cameron Lynn in a winning effort defeating the team of Caylee Turner and Kaitlyn when Naomi pinned Turner after a leg lariat.
The Funkadactyls and Total Divas (2012–present)
On the January 9, 2012 episode of Raw, Cameron made her WWE debut as one of the dancers and valets (together with Naomi) for the returning Brodus Clay. She made her WrestleMania debut at WrestleMania XXVIII alongside Naomi during a segment with Clay. At the pre-show of the TLC pay-per-view on December 16, 2012, Cameron participated in her first televised WWE match, which was a "Santa's Little Helpers" battle royal which was won by her fellow Funkadactyl Naomi.
On the February 6 episode of WWE Main Event, The Funkadactyls got into a backstage altercation with Tamina Snuka and Aksana after Snuka and Aksana began to persuade Brodus Clay to fire The Funkadactyls and hire them as his backup dancers. This led to their first tag team match in which they defeated Snuka and Aksana.
On the March 15 episode of SmackDown, The Funkadactyls were attacked by The Bella Twins in a backstage segment. On the March 22 episode of SmackDown and March 25 episode of Raw, The Funkadactyls attacked The Bella Twins after they interfered both times in Brodus Clay and Tensai's match against Rhodes and Sandow'. The Funkadactyls and The Bella Twins finally faced off in tag-team competition on the March 27 episode of WWE Main Event, where The Bella Twins emerged victorious when Nikki pinned Naomi after an interference by Cody Rhodes. Cameron and Naomi were set to team up with Brodus Clay and Tensai against Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins at Wrestlemania 29 in an eight–person mixed tag team match, however the match was cancelled because of time restraints. The match instead took place the following night on Raw, where Tons of Funk and The Funkadactyls emerged victorious.
On the August 26 episode of Raw, Cameron accompanied Natalya to an unsuccessful singles competition match against Brie, until AJ Lee interrupted and declared war on the Total Divas against the "real" hard earning Divas. On the September 27 episode of Smackdown!, Cameron was defeated by AJ Lee in singles action. The Total Divas defeated The True Divas (Alicia Fox, Aksana, Divas Champion AJ, Kaitlyn, Rosa Mendes, Tamina Snuka and Summer Rae) in a traditional survivor series elimination tag-team match at the Survivor Series pay-per-view and on the following night on Raw.
Andrew graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in business marketing and a Bachelor of Science in psychology from California State University, Northridge. She moved to North Hollywood, California, where she worked as a behavior therapist for autistic children. On August 24, 2012 Ariane was arrested and charged with DUI in North Hillsborough County, Florida. She was later released on $500 bond. Her arrest report notes that she refused to take a breathalyzer test. She also listed Wells Fargo as her employer and sales associate as her occupation.
- Finisher Moves
- Signature Moves
- With Naomi
- Wrestlers managed
- Entrance themes
Championships and accomplishments
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- "FCW roster". Florida Championship Wrestling. Retrieved September 4, 2011.
- "OWW profile". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved September 4, 2011.
- California Birth Index
- "Ariane Andrew – Meet the Contestants – WWE Tough Enough". USA Network. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- "Another Tough Enough Contestant Debuts in WWE Developmental". Diva Dirt. 2011-06-08. Retrieved 2011-09-25.[unreliable source?]
- "FCW Live Event Notes & Pictures from July 9th: Ariane’s In-Ring Debut, Divas Battle Royal". Diva Dirt. 2011-06-11. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- Stephens, David. "Raw Results - 1/9/12". Wrestleview. Retrieved January 10, 2012.
- "BRODUS CLAY CALLS HIS MOMMA: PHOTOS". WWE. Archived from the original on 17 December 2012. Retrieved 17 December 2012. "Accompanied by the beautiful Naomi and Cameron, The Funkasaurus, Brodus Clay, dances his way onto The Grandest Stage of Them All."
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE TLC PPV RESULTS 12/16: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of final 2012 PPV - Cena vs. Ziggler main event, Shield makes a statement". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "PARKS' WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 3/22: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of the Friday night show, including Chris Jericho vs. Jack Swagger in a rematch from last week".
- Mike Tedesco, Mike. "WWE RAW Results - 3/25/13 (Rock/Cena Q and A)". Wrestleview. Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- Bowman, Clinton. "WWE Main Event Results - 3/27/13 (Kane vs. Cesaro)". Wrestleview. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 4/8: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - WM29 fall-out, new World Champ, no Rock, Taker live, crowd takes over".
- Cadwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 4/1: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - Punk bathes with "ashes," HBK returns to Raw, final WM29 hype with Rock, Hunter, Lesnar, Taker". PWInsider. Retrieved April 1, 2013.
- Benigno, Anthony (26 August 2013). "Brie Bella def. Natalya: Dropping her own version of her ex-paramour’s famous pipe bomb, the "Black Widow" administered a lethal dose of poison to her fellow Divas, whom she felt were gifted the opportunities she had to sacrifice for. "You’re all worthless excuses for women, and you will never be able to touch me, And that’s reality."". WWE.
- David Stephens (27 September 2013). "WWE Smackdown Results - 9/27/13 (Orton vs. The Miz)". Wrestleview. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- Johnson, Mike. "COMPLETE WWE SURVIVOR SERIES BLOG, OR...DANIEL BRYAN IS SORELY MISSED IN THE MAIN EVENT PICTURE". PWInsider. Retrieved 2013-11-24.
- Trionfo, Richard. "LIVE, ONGOING, WWE RAW REPORT: 14 DIVAS ELIMINATION MATCH TWICE IN TWO DAYS". PWInsider. Retrieved 2013-11-25.
- "WWE Monday Night Raw Recap – April 1st, 2013: The Funkadactlys vs The Bella Twins". The BellaTwins.net. Retrieved Apri 2, 2013.
- James Caldwell (2013-04-01). "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 4/1: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw - Punk bathes with "ashes," HBK returns to Raw, final WM29 hype with Rock, Hunter, Lesnar, Taker". PWInsider. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- Calloway, Bobby. "WWE Divas – April 10th NXT Results: Twin Magic Trumps The Funk…". LethalWOW. Retrieved April 10, 2013.
- Wilkenfeld, Daniel (2009-11-12). "Wilkenfeld's TNA Impact report 11/12: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of Spike TV broadcast". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "FCW TV Taping Spoilers". Diva Dirt. 2011-07-14. Retrieved 2011-09-24.[unreliable source?]
- Medalis, Kara A. (18 August 2013). "Natalya def. Brie Bella". WWE.
- "2013 PWI Female 50 list revealed". Ringbelles. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ariane Andrew.|
- Ariane Andrew's profile on WWE.com
- Ariane Andrew on Twitter
- Ariane Andrew at the Internet Movie Database