|Born||December 22, 1986|
|Title||Woman International Master|
|FIDE rating||2204 (July 2012)|
|Peak rating||2309 (October 2002)|
Caoili began playing chess at the age of six. At the age of 14, she scored 5.5/9 in the strong Conca Della Presolana tournament in Italy in 2001. At one point during 2002, she achieved a FIDE rating in excess of 2300, but this has been in decline since she scaled down her chess activities to concentrate on her studies. Nevertheless, she remains one of Australia's leading woman players and played top board for the national team at the Dresden Olympiad in 2008. In 2009 Caoili won the London Chess Classic Women's Invitational tournament with 8/9, two points ahead of the runner-up.
Personal life and press coverage
In June 2006 it was reported that the British grandmaster Danny Gormally had thrown a punch at Armenian grandmaster Levon Aronian in a Turin nightclub during the chess Olympiad. Gormally apparently became jealous when he saw Aronian dancing with Caoili.
As of December 2009, Caoili is in a relationship with Aronian.
Dancing with the Stars
Caoili was one of the celebrity dancers in the fifth season of Dancing with the Stars. Her professional dance partner was Carmelo Pizzino and she finished series runner-up behind Anthony Koutoufides.
In an episode of the TV show Deal or No Deal she won a car for the home competition entrant.
- "Caoili, Arianne FIDE Chess Profile". World Chess Federation. Retrieved 2010-06-26.
- "The chess games of Arianne Caoili". ChessGames.com. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "Women's Chess Olympiads: Arianne Caoili". OlimpBase. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- Saunders, John (2009-12-19). "London Arianne wins Women's Invitational by two points". ChessBase.com. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- Kalina, Paula (2006-09-21). "Champ has all the right moves". Herald Sun. Retrieved 2006-09-24.
- "Chess queen's new move". The Sunday Telegraph. 2006-09-12. Retrieved 2006-09-24.
- "Party Time at the Chess Olympiad". 2006-06-12. Retrieved 2007-01-27.
- Prospect Magazine: The lion and the tiger, 18 Nov 2009
- "Champ has all the right moves - TV & Radio - Entertainment - theage.com.au". Theage.com.au. 2006-09-21. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- "Player Profiles - Chess - Arianne Caoili". Philippine Sports News and Updates. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arianne Caoili.|