His family, as many Sephardic Jews North-African families, left Morocco after the Six-Day War and settled in France. In Paris, Wizman met the philosopher Emmanuel Lévinas and thanks to him, he attended the École Normale Israélite Orientale. At a gypsy party, he met Édouard Baer and they co-presented a radio show on Radio Nova.
He is half of the electronic music duo Grand Popo Football Club along with Nicolas Errèra, with an album, Shampoo Victims, released in 2000, and a second, Venom in the grass, due for release in February 2010. As for his album Sampoo Victim, the single Les hommes c'est pas des mecs biens remains a brutally shameless and uncredited copy/paste of Firefly's 1981 disco tune Love (Is Gonna Be On Your Side).
In 2009, special editions of Nickel "Morning After Rescue-Gel" were produced, featuring designs showing Wizman or his initials.
- Iznogoud (2005)
- La face noire des relations publiques - documentary by Ariel Wizman broadcast on Canal+
- de Chamberet, Georgia (1999) XCiTés: The Flamingo Book of Fresh French Writing, Flamingo, ISBN 978-0-00-225939-2, p. 209
- "Biographie d'Ariel Wizman", Evene.com, retrieved 2010-02-03
- "La biographie de Ariel Wizman", ActuStar.com, retrieved 2010-02-03
- Thomas, Chucky (2003) "Transcending Borders", Billboard, 22 March 2003, retrieved 2010-02-03
- "Nouvel album pour le chroniqueur de Canal+, Ariel Wizman", InfluMedia, 29 December 2009, retrieved 2010-02-03
- "Le message anti-pirates d'Ariel Wizman détourné", Nouvel Obs, 24 January 2005, retrieved 2010-02-03
- Champeau, Guillaume (2005) "Ariel Wizman (suite) : histoire d'un mea culpa raté", Numerama, 6 January 2005, retrieved 2010-02-03
- Vignale, Frédéric (2005) "Interview : Ariel Wizman", Le Mague, 20 January 2005, retrieved 2010-02-03
- "L’erreur fondamentale d’Ariel Wizman", foutraque.com, 31 January 2010, retrieved 2010-02-03
- "Ariel Wizman relooke une crème", Menstyle.fr, 3 February 2010, retrieved 2010-02-03