||This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (June 2014)|
Arijit Singh in "Ebela Ami Amar Moto Samman Award 2013"
|Native name||অরিজিৎ সিং|
25 April 1987 |
Jiaganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal, India
|Occupations||Singer, Music Producer|
Arijit Singh (Bengali: অরিজিৎ সিং) (born 25 April 1987 in Jiaganj, Murshidabad), is a leading Indian playback singer. He was a participant in one of the reality-singing series, Fame Gurukul in 2005 and became an assistant to music director Pritam. Singh is best known for Tum Hi Ho (song) from Aashiqui 2 that won him Filmfare and IIFA best male playback singer award in 2013 and 2014 respectively.
Arijit Singh married Koel Roy, his childhood friend on 20 January 2014 in Tarapith temple, West Bengal. The wedding ceremony, which was held in Tarapith in West Bengal, was a private affair with only close friends and family members in attendance. The couple wanted their wedding to be held at the Kali temple, a major reason as to why it was held in the town.
Singh finished Fame Gurukul in (2005) and then settled in Mumbai in 2006. From 2006 to 2007, he started working with TIPS. He has also worked under music director trio Shankar Ehsaan Loy. Afterwards, he started freelancing. 
He has also been featured in the title track of Bengali film Bojhena Shey Bojhena. Coming from a humble background, Arijit has risen to become an accomplished singer. His achievements have earned him respect in both the music and film industry.
Arijit Singh attended Jiaganj Raja Bijoy Singh High School. After high school studies, he proceeded to join Shripat Singh College in Jiaganj. 
Singh is a trained classical singer who has performed in many stage shows. His career as a playback singer started when he participated in a singing reality show called Fame Gurukul (2005), while still in college. Although he did not win the competition, his participation garnered respect and love from fans. He went on to win a subsequent reality show called 10 ke 10 le gaye dil with the help of audience votes. Shankar Ehsaan Loy gave Arijit the first break on one of their songs called "All For One" from High School Musical 2 (Vol 1) album. Moreover, he also sung the title song "Hum Hai Deewane" of the Indian TV show called Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon and Dadagiri featuring Sourav Ganguly. He has also sung the title track of Bengali television serial "Tomay Amay Mile" with Ujjaini Mukherjee. In the 2013 Bollywood blockbuster Aashiqui 2, his song Tum Hi Ho received a lot of praise and won many awards including the most Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer 2014. He sang the song "Muskurane" from the movie "Citylights". One song from Madhuri Dixit-Vinod Khanna starrer 1988 film Dayavan Aaj Phir Tumpe Pyaar Aaya Hai was re-created in the film Hate Story 2 which is sung by Arijit Singh.
Concerts at College Fests
Singh is also known for his soulful concerts. He is one of the more preferred singers at college fests. He has performed thrice in New Delhi. His recent college concert was at Miranda House hosted by Celebrity Emcee/Anchor Bharat Jain. Arijit Singh was recently in Dubai for his concert 'Salaam Dubai 2014' in April.
- 2013: Mirchi Music Award for Best upcoming Male Playback Singer - Phir lë aya dil from Barfi 2012
- 2013: Nickelodeon kids choice Award - Phir lë aya dil from Barfi 2012
- 2014: Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer - Tum Hi Ho from Aashiqui 2
- 2014: Filmfare Awards East for Best Male Playback Singer - Mon Majhi Re from Boss
- 2014: Screen Award for best male playback singer - Tum Hi Ho from Aashiqui 2
- 2014: StarGuild Award for Best Male Playback Singer - Tum Hi Ho from Aashiqui 2
- 2014: ZeeCine Award for Best Male Playback Singer - Tum Hi Ho from Aashiqui 2
- 2014: GIMA Award for Best Male Playback Singer - Tum Hi Ho from Aashiqui 2
- 2014: Mirchi Music Award for Best Male Playback Singer - Tum Hi Ho from Aashiqui 2
- 2014: IIFA Award for Best Male Playback Singer - Tum Hi Ho from Aashiqui 2
- 2014: Ganna.com Awards for the famous singer - Tum Hi Ho from Aashiqui 2
- 2014: Filmfare Awards East for Best Male Playback Singer - "Din Khon Mapa Achhe" from Hawa Bodol
- 2014: Filmfare Awards East for Best Male Playback Singer - "Ki Kore Toke Bolbo" from Rangbaaz
- "Arijit to sing in Spyro Gyra's next album". The Times of India. Jun 7, 2011.
- "World Music Day special: 5 new promising singers around the block!". Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Dil Hai Yeh Mera: The soulful combo of Mithoon and Arijit Singh shines again in Hate Story 2". Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Arijit Singh gets married to childhood friend". The Times of India. Jan 24, 2014.
- "Arijit Singh: An Indian PlayBack Singer".
- "Tips signs up Fame Gurukul contestant". Hindustan Times. 10 February 2006. Retrieved 30 November 2013.
- "Arijit Singh: An Indian PlayBack Singer". Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "On the road to fame". The Telegraph (Kolkata). June 16, 2005.
- "Arijit Singh Music Videos". Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- Arijit Singh at the Internet Movie Database
- Arijit Singh on Facebook
- Arijit Singh at the Bollywood Hungama
- Official Twitter