|Education||Post Graduate Diploma in Planning and Entrepreneurship|
|Alma mater||Indian Institute of Planning and Management|
|Occupation||Economist, management author|
Arindam Chaudhuri is an Indian economist, author and the director of IIPM Think Tank at Indian Institute of Planning and Management. He has collected three National Film Awards as the producer of three award-winning movies. He is often referred to as a "management guru".
Arindam is the son of Malayendra Kisor Chaudhuri, who founded the Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM) in 1973. He received his post graduate diploma in Planning and Entrepreneurship from IIPM in 1992 He later became the Honorary Dean for the IIPM Centre for Economic Research and Advanced Studies. Also in 2004, Arindam Chaudhuri was appointed as a member (social and agricultural sector) of the Consultative Committee for the Planning Commission, Government of India. He is the founder of Planman Consulting and Great Indian Dream Foundation, a social sector organisation. He is also the owner of the Delhi franchise of the i1 Super Series motor sports league.
The film Rok Sako To Rok Lo saw Arindam debut as a movie producer and director. Planman Motion Pictures went on to produced Bengali movies Sanjhbatir Rupkathara (2002), Dosar (2006) and the National Film Award winner Faltu (2006). Planman also produced two more Hindi movies Mithya (2008), starring Ranvir Shorey, Neha Dhupia, Naseeruddin Shah and Vinay Pathak. Another movie produced by them, The Last Lear was awarded the National Film Award for Best Film in English in the year 2009 by the Government of India.
In February 2011, a book excerpt on Arindam Chaudhuri published in the Caravan magazine and the chapter from the book (The Great Gatsby: A Rich Man in India) on which the excerpt was based, were removed following a preliminary injunction order by a court against Caravan, author Siddhartha Deb and the book publisher Penguin Books, in response to a lawsuit citing "grave harassment and injury".
Charudhuri is the founder of Planman Group, a consulting and entertainment firm. In 2011, Chaudhuri became the second franchise owner for i1 Super Series, a motorsports league scheduled to begin in 2013.
In September 2014, acting on a public interest ligitation, high court censured IIPM and Arindam Chaudhuri for misleading students.The court noted that IIPM was promoting an impression that it had recognition from a foreign management institute—International Management Institute (IMI), Belgium. The court found that in fact IMI had been set up by Arindam Chaudhuri and his father Malay Chaudhuri and was not even recognized by the laws of Belgium.
- Best Hindi Film for Do Dooni Char, National Film Awards, 2011.
- Best Feature Film in English for The Last Lear, National Film Awards, 2007.
- Best Film on Family Welfare for Faltu, National Film Awards, 2006.
- The Priyadarshini Memorial Award for Excellent contribution to Management from the Priyadarshini Academy, Mumbai in 2006
- Example to Youth award from the District Rotaract Council, a part of Rotary International, in 2004
Arindam Chaudhuri has authored five books:
- Discover the diamond in you
- Count your chickens before they hatch
- The Great Indian Dream: Restoring pride to a nation betrayed
- Thorns to Competition
- Cult: Leadership & Business Strategy
- News report about DoT blocking sites talking about UGC public notice
- Maheshwari, Dairya (27 May 2011). "Simply unstoppable". The Hindu (Chennai, India). Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- PIB press release, Government of India, 9 September 2011
- India in focus at the Cannes film festival, Rajesh Ahuja, UNI, Hindustan Times, 17 May 2007
- IIPM goes global with better class, Hindustan Times, HT Correspondent, March 2008
- i1 Super Series gets two new teams in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Zee News Ltd, 22 November 2011
- Editorial, The Sunday Indian, retrieved on 4 July 2012
- IIPM history, retrieved on 4 July 2012
- "What's Shah Rukh doing in B-school?". The Times of India. 8 June 2009.
- Ajoy Ashirwad Mahaprashasta (25 April 2009). "Managing the nation (Interview with Arindam Chaudhuri)". Frontline 26 (9).
- "Straight answers". Times of India. 13 September 2004.
- Planman Consulting- Jobs & Careers with us in HR, IT & Telecom, IT Enabled Services, BPO, Call Center, Finance, Analytics And Risk Management, Financial Services, Software Eng...
- "Chaudhuri named i1's Delhi franchise owner – The Times of India". The Times of India. 8 November 2011.
- "Rok sako to rok lo". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 8 March 2004.
- "Setting his sights on Hollywood". The Times of India. 21 August 2002.
- "Taking Indian ideas to the West". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 5 October 2005.
- Best Film in Family Welfare
- ‘Faltu’ to be released on February 17, The Tribune, Chandigarh.
- "The debutante". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 23 November 2006.
- Pro Kerala image reference, retrieved on 29 September 2010
- "IIPM sues Caravan, Google, Penguin for Rs 50 cr". IBN Live. 23 June 2011. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- Agencies (23 June 2011). "IIPM sues mag for Rs 50 crore". Ahmedabad Mirror. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- DNA Correspondent (12 November 2011). "Arindam Chaudhuri confirmed as Delhi i1 team owner". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- Sify (9 May 2011). "National Award gives personal kick, professional boost: Arindam Chaudhuri". News report. Sify Technologies. Retrieved 23 May 2011.
- Government of India (September 2008). "58th National Film Awards". Government publication. Government of India. Retrieved 23 May 2011.
- Government of India (September 2008). "55th National Awards" (PDF). Government publication. Government of India. Retrieved 23 May 2011.
- Government of India (September 2008). "54th National Awards" (PDF). Government publication. Government of India. Retrieved 23 May 2011.
- Kareena to get Smita Patil award
- Rotaract Council felicitates Arindam Chaudhuri. The Tribune, Chandigarh
- Times of India photo gallery reference
- Connemara Public Library, Government archives
- THORNS TO COMPETITION Official Book Website
- "IIPM hits out at UGC, experts say blocking websites won't help". Ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- Arindam Chaudhuri's website
- The Great Indian Dream Foundation official website
- Planman Consulting's official website