From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Ariston (disambiguation))
Aristo or Ariston (from Greek: Ἀρίστων) may refer to:
- As an Ancient Greek name:
- Ariston of Sparta (6th century BC), Eurypontid King of Sparta
- Ariston of Athens (died circa 424 BC), father of Plato
- Aristo of Ceos (3rd century BC), Peripatetic philosopher
- Aristo of Chios (3rd century BCE), Stoic philosopher and colleague of Zeno of Citium
- Ariston of Paionia (3rd century BC), King of Paionia
- Aristo of Alexandria (1st century), Peripatetic philosopher
- Aristo of Pella (2nd century), Jewish Christian writer
- Ariston (hero), the protagonist of the 1967 historical novel Goat Song
- Ariston (actor), actor at the Susa weddings
- Modern persons with the name Ariston:
- Jose Ariston Caslib (21st century), current manager of the Philippine national football team
- Other usages of "Aristo":
- Aristo (ruler), a member of the ruling class in Eubian society in Saga of the Skolian Empire
- Ariston, a brand of domestic electrical appliances manufactured by Indesit.
- Ariston organette, metal disc with punched holes (late 1800s) — utilized on several music boxes
- OZ Aristo, wheels that come on some versions of the Volkswagen Golf
- Toyota Aristo, sold as the Lexus GS, outside the Japanese domestic market
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.