Arizona State Prison – Kingman
Coordinates: Arizona State Prison – Kingman is a privately run minimum/medium security prison. It is located in unincorporated Mohave County, Arizona, near Golden Valley and Kingman. It is operated by Management and Training Corporation under contract to the Arizona Department of Corrections.
On July 30, 2010, three inmates, two incarcerated for murders, one for attempted homicides, escaped from the facility. One was recaptured on August 1, after a shootout with a deputy and police in Rifle, Colorado. A second was recaptured by U.S. Marshals on August 9 in Meeteetse, Wyoming. The third escapee and his admitted accomplice were captured by U.S. Marshals on August 19.
- "Arizona State Prison – Kingman (MTC)".
- "Golden Valley CDP, Arizona." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on August 13, 2010.
- "Ariz. police hunt for three escaped murderers". AP.
- "One Arizona escapee recaptured in Wyoming". CNN. August 9, 2010.
- "Arizona releases report on prison escapes". United Press International. September 21, 2010.
- "Police catch 'Bonnie and Clyde': Fugitive and fiancee who helped him escape from prison are caught after desperate manhunt". Daily Mail. August 21, 2010.
- Arizona State Prison – Kingman (MTC) – Arizona Department of Corrections
- Kingman Escape Information – Arizona Department of Corrections
|This article about a building or structure in Arizona is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States prison is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|