Arizona State Route 71
|Maintained by ADOT|
|Length:||24.16 mi (38.88 km)|
|Existed:||1936 – present|
|South end:||US 60 near Aguila|
|North end:||SR 89 near Congress|
State Route 71 (or SR 71) is a state highway in central Arizona that stretches between its northeast terminus at its junction with State Route 89 at Congress and its southwest terminus at its junction with U.S. Route 60 at Aguila. It primarily serves as a shortcut between Prescott and the major roads going to California as there are no towns located on the route other than at the ends of the highway.
The route begins at U.S. Route 60 just east of the city of Aguila. The road bends slightly northeastward before heading straight north, with fields on the west side of the road. After crossing from Maricopa County into Yavapai County, SR 71 then heads northeastward into a desert area, continuing for several miles in a straight direction through the Mojave Desert. While heading northeast, the route meets U.S. Route 93, at the diamond interchange forming the intersection called the Joshua Tree Forest Parkway of Arizona. SR 71 then enters into the town of Congress, which is littered with several small houses. The route ends at an at-grade intersection with Arizona State Route 89.
The road was originally designated a state route in 1936.
|Maricopa||0.00||0.00||US 60 – Wickenburg, Prescott, Los Angeles|
|Yavapai||17.46||28.10||US 93 – Kingman, Wickenburg|
|24.16||38.88||SR 89 – Prescott, Wickenburg|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Arizona Department of Transportation. "ADOT Highway Log". Retrieved July 16, 2007.
- National Scenic Byway Program. "Joshua Forest Scenic Road". Retrieved 2011-01-27.
- Microsoft. "SR 71". Bing Maps (Map). Cartography by Nokia. http://www.bing.com/maps/#JmNwPTM0LjA1MzQ0NjQ3ODg5NzZ+LTExMi45OTM5NTI1OTQ2OTc0OCZsdmw9MTEmZGlyPTAmc3R5PWImcnRwPXBvcy4zMy45NDM1NjE2MDk2OTc2NzRfLTExMy4xNDM3MDc2NjAxOTMxOV9uZWFyJTIwU1ItNzElMkMlMjBBZ3VpbGElMkMlMjBBWiUyMDg1MzIwX19fYV9+cG9zLjM0LjE2Mjg2MTkwMDUzMDEyXy0xMTIuODQ0NDUyNzc5NjczNDVfX19fYV8mbW9kZT1EJnJ0b3A9MH4wfjB+. Retrieved 2011-01-27.
- Google Inc. "overview map of SR 71". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=11241226570705044702,33.942930,-113.143450%3B8509212241969989060,34.163110,-112.845810&saddr=AZ-71+%4033.942930,+-113.143450&daddr=AZ-71+%4034.163110,+-112.845810&doflg=ptm&sll=34.053228,-112.994385&sspn=0.391969,0.639954&ie=UTF8&z=11. Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- "Arizonna Right-of-Way Resolution 1936-P-74". Retrieved 2011-01-13.