Arizona State Route 989
|Maintained by ADOT|
|Length:||1.5 mi (2.4 km)|
|West end:||Rancho Vistoso Blvd|
|East end:||SR 77 in Oro Valley|
State Route 989, also known as SR 989, was an unmarked state highway in Oro Valley, Arizona, that consisted of a one and a half mile stretch of Tangerine Road west of State Route 77. There are currently no plans to widen Tangerine Road and expand it to expressway/freeway standards.
This route number was initially intended as part of a proposed highway network for the Tucson area (in this case, the Tangerine Highway) that was never implemented. No signage ever existed for this highway, as the road is now fully maintained by the town of Oro Valley; the existing mile markers will be taken down in the near future. SR 989 was the highest proposed numbered route in the Arizona state highway system.
The reason this exists is because a local wash crosses the highway. In the original planning, this came first so that ADOT would be responsible for the bridge over the wash.. The entire right-of-way is now under the responsibility of the town of Oro Valley, and thus SR 989 is no longer a state highway. 
The route was originally planned to connect 1st Avenue in Oro Valley to U.S. Route 89 in 1988. It was proposed as an urban freeway to serve Tucson. The road was established as a state highway on its current routing through Oro Valley in 1991. Following its establishment, the road was not otherwise adjusted and remains today with its original routing.
|34.04||54.78||Rancho Vistoso Blvd|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Arizona Department of Transportation. "2008 ADOT Highway Log". Retrieved April 9, 2008.
- "SR 989 was turned back to Oro Valley and is no longer a state highway." ADOT Spokesman Donal Cassano, June 2012
- Arizona Department of Transportation. "ADOT Right-of-Way Resolution 1988-04-A-036". Retrieved 2010-06-23.
- Arizona Department of Transportation. "ADOT Right-of-Way Resolution 1991-09-A-073". Retrieved 2010-06-23.
- Works Consulting, LLC. "State Highway System Log". Retrieved 2010-06-23.