HMS Ark Royal
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Ark Royal)
Five ships of the Royal Navy have borne the name HMS Ark Royal:
- Ark Royal (1587), the flagship of the English fleet during the Spanish Armada campaign of 1588.
- HMS Ark Royal (1914), merchant ship, converted to an aircraft carrier during World War I
- HMS Ark Royal (91), British aircraft carrier launched in 1937 that participated in World War II and was sunk by a U-boat in 1941.
- HMS Ark Royal (R09), an Audacious-class fleet aircraft carrier launched in 1950, decommissioned in 1979
- HMS Ark Royal (R07), an Invincible-class aircraft carrier, launched in 1981, decommissioned in 2011
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|