Arkansas Highway 254
|Maintained by AHTD|
|Length:||20.68 mi (33.28 km)|
|Existed:||1958 – present|
|West end:||Hwy. 27|
|East end:||US 65 at Dennard|
|Counties:||Van Buren, Searcy|
Highway 254 (AR 254, Ark. 254, and Hwy. 254) is an east–west state highway in Van Buren County and Searcy County. The route of 20.68 miles (33.28 km) runs from Highway 27 east to US Route 65 (US 65) at Dennard.
Highway 254 begins at Highway 27 in rural parts of northwestern Van Buren County. The route winds north through hills and farmland to enter Searcy County, then heads east to re-enter Van Buren County. The route terminates at US 65 at Dennard. The route does not cross any other state highways.
The route first appears on the state highway map in January 1959 as a 5-mile (8.0 km) unpaved road shooting west from Dennard. The road was later extended east through Booster and south to Highway 16 in 1967. Highway 254 was rerouted along the current alignment around 1981.
|Van Buren||0.00||0.00||Hwy. 27||Western terminus|
||No major junctions|
|Van Buren||Dennard||20.68||33.28||US 65||Eastern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Planning and Research Division (March 28, 2012). "Arkansas Road Log Database" (MBD). Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Retrieved April 13, 2012.
- Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department (May 27, 2010) (PDF). General Highway Map, Van Buren County, Arkansas (Map). 1:62500. Cartography by Planning and Research Division. http://www.arkansashighways.com/maps/Counties/County%20PDFs/VanBurenCounty.pdf. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department (August 3, 2007) (PDF). General Highway Map, Searcy County, Arkansas (Map). 1:62500. Cartography by Planning and Research Division. http://www.arkansashighways.com/maps/Counties/County%20PDFs/SearcyCounty.pdf. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- Arkansas State Highway Commission (January 1959) (TIF). Highway Map of Arkansas (Map). Little Rock, Arkansas. http://www.arkansashighways.com/planning_research/mapping_graphics/archived_tourist_maps/1959.tif.
- Arkansas State Highway Department (1967) (TIF). 1967 Highway Map of Arkansas (Map). Little Rock, Arkansas. http://www.arkansashighways.com/planning_research/mapping_graphics/archived_tourist_maps/1967.tif.