Arkansas Highway 327
|Maintained by AHTD|
|Length:||10.97 mi (17.65 km)|
|South end:||Ozark National Forest boundary in Wayton.|
|North end:||Hwy. 74 near Jasper|
Highway 327 (AR 327, Ark. 327, and Hwy. 327) is a 10.97-mile (17.65 km) north-south state highway located entirely within Newton County in northern Arkansas. The highway runs from the northern boundary of the Ozark National Forest in Wayton north to Arkansas Highway 74 near Jasper. The route serves a forested region, connecting Wayton and Jasper with the community of Parthenon. It does not meet any highways between its termini. Highway 327 is maintained by the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department (AHTD).
Highway 327 begins at the northern border of the Ozark National Forest in Wayton. The highway follows a curvaceous path northward through a rural, forested area. The route then turns east toward Parthenon, crossing Fork Shop Creek at the edge of the community. After passing through Parthenon, the highway continues north along the east bank of the Little Buffalo River. It crosses the river, then continues past a cemetery and intersects a paved road near a creek. Now running along the west bank of the river, the route continues north toward Jasper. After reaching Jasper, it runs along its border on the opposite side of the river, entering another section of the Ozark National Forest. The route terminates at Highway 74 north of Jasper; Highway 74 accesses the city via Highway 7.
In 1952, a gravel road along the present route of Highway 327 was first marked on state highway maps. The highway was designated between Jasper and Parthenon in 1966, following its current alignment between the communities. In 1979, the designated portion of Highway 327 was paved. The portion of Highway 327 south of Parthenon was designated later and paved in 1995.
The entire route is in Newton County.
|Wayton||10.97||17.65||Ozark National Forest boundary||Southern terminus|
|Jasper||0.00||0.00||Hwy. 74||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- a The Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department measures the mileage of Highway 327 from north to south.
- "Arkansas Road Log Data". Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. 2009. Archived from the original on June 23, 2011. Retrieved May 14, 2011.
- Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department (2003) (PDF). Newton County, Arkansas General Highway Map (Map). http://www.arkansashighways.com/maps/Counties/County%20PDFs/NewtonCounty.pdf. Retrieved 2011-06-14.
- Google Inc. "Overview map of Highway 327". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=AR-327+N&daddr=AR-327+N&hl=en&geocode=FZLZIwIdNg5x-g%3BFfZ5JQId-wly-g&mra=mrv&sll=35.967726,-93.229015&sspn=0.010125,0.01929&ie=UTF8&ll=35.964113,-93.218307&spn=0.162004,0.308647&t=h&z=12. Retrieved June 14, 2011.
- Arkansas State Highway Department (1952). 1952 Official Highway Map of Arkansas (Map).
- Arkansas State Highway Department (1966). 1966 Highway Map of Arkansas (Map).
- Arkansas State Highway Department (1979). State of Arkansas Showing System of State Highways (Map).
- Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department (1995). 1995 Highway Map of Arkansas (Map).