Arlesey Town F.C.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
|Full name||Arlesey Town Football Club|
|Ground||Armadillo Stadium Hitchin Road,
|Chairman||Daniel Ford & Andrew Waters|
|League||Southern League Premier Division|
|2013–14||Southern League Premier Division, 15th|
The club is affiliated to the Bedfordshire County Football Association.
The club was formed in 1891. In 1982–83 the club moved to the United Counties Football League, winning the Premier Division in 1984–85. Rising costs forced Arlesey to resign from the United Counties Football League, moving back to the South Midlands League in 1991–92. 1994–95 saw the club win the league with a record 107 points, and then better this achievement by beating Oxford City in the final of the FA Vase at Wembley Stadium. The Blues' fifth South Midlands League championship followed in 1999–2000, and Arlesey were promoted (thanks to passing a ground inspection) to the Isthmian League Division Three. Their first season in this new division was a success with the club losing just two matches in the process of winning the 2000–01 league, scoring an Isthmian League record of 138 goals with a record 100+ goal difference. 2006–07 saw Arlesey Town moved into the resurrected Isthmian League Division One North.
Their best performance in the FA Cup is reaching the First Round Proper in 2011–12 season, after beating Conference National side Forest Green Rovers 2–1. In 2012–13 season they repeated that feat, and were rewarded with a glamour tie with 1987 F.A. Cup winners Coventry City of League One at the Ricoh Arena, although they lost 3-0. Their previous best was playing Salisbury City away in the 1st round the previous season.
2012/13 season ended with Arlesey in their highest ever position, one point off the play offs. Chris Dillon capped a great season by winning Player of the year from both supporters and players. This success in Cup and League and upgrades to their modern stadium was not matched by an increase in support; with Arlesey having one of the lowest gates in the Division. On 30 April 2013 Gary King resigned from his position as Director Of Football.Andrew Waters and Daniel Ford then were appointed Owner and Chairman of the club respectively.
Arlesey Town play their home games at the Armadillo Stadium.
- Southern League Cup: Winners 2012-13
- Southern League Division One Central: Winners 2010–11
- FA Vase: Winners at Wembley. Beat Oxford City 2–1 1994–95
- Isthmian League Division Three: Winners 2000–01
- United Counties Football League Premier Division: Winners 1984–85
- South Midlands Football League: Winners 1951–52, 1952–53, 1994–95, 1995–96, 1999–2000
- South Midlands Football League Division Two: Winners 1929–30, 1931–32, 1935–36
- United Counties Football League Premier Division Cup: Winners 1987–88
- South Midlands Football League Challenge Trophy: Winners 1979–80
- South Midlands Football League Premier Shield: Winners 1964–65
- South Midlands Football League Premier Division Cup: Winners 1993–94
- South Midlands Football League Floodlight Cup: Winners 1990–91
- Bedfordshire Senior Cup: Winners 1965–66, 1978–79, 1996–97 2003–2004 2009–2010
- Bedfordshire Premier Cup: Winners 1983–84, 2001–02
- Bedfordshire Intermediate Cup: Winners 1957–58
- Hinchingbrooke Cup: Winners 1977–78, 1979–80, 1981–82, 1996–97
- Biggleswade Knockout Cup: Winners 1977–78, 1980–81
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arlesey Town FC.|
- Arlesey Town at the Football Club History Database
- Arlesey Town FC website
- Arlesey Town Youth FC
- Arlesey Town Ladies FC