Location in Winston County and the state of Alabama
|• Total||2.8 sq mi (7.2 km2)|
|• Land||2.8 sq mi (7.2 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||778 ft (237 m)|
|• Density||103.6/sq mi (40.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Area code(s)||205, 256|
|GNIS feature ID||0159081|
Arley is located at (34.081499, -87.210768).
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 2.8 square miles (7.3 km2), all of it land.
Arley, Alabama is surrounded on three sides by Lewis Smith Lake.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Arley has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps. 
2000 Census data
As of the census of 2000, there were 290 people, 123 households, and 89 families residing in the town. The population density was 103.6 people per square mile (40.0/km2). There were 139 housing units at an average density of 49.7 per square mile (19.2/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 99.31% White, and 0.69% from two or more races. 1.38% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 123 households out of which 22.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 60.2% were married couples living together, 9.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 27.6% were non-families. 26.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 13.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.36 and the average family size was 2.82.
In the town the population was spread out with 17.9% under the age of 18, 9.7% from 18 to 24, 26.6% from 25 to 44, 27.2% from 45 to 64, and 18.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females there were 100.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.9 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $26,500, and the median income for a family was $31,000. Males had a median income of $25,750 versus $16,667 for females. The per capita income for the town was $12,822. About 13.3% of families and 15.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 25.0% of those under age 18 and 22.6% of those age 65 or over.
Education is provided by the Winston County School System.
Highs School (grades 7 through 12): Meek High School Elementary School (grades K through 6): Meek Elementary School
- "Annual Estimates of the Population for Incorporated Places in Alabama". United States Census Bureau. 2008-07-10. Archived from the original on 1 August 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Climate Summary for Arley, Alabama
- "U.S. Decennial Census". Census.gov. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2013". Retrieved June 3, 2014.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Arley is covered by the Northwest Alabamian Newspaper.