Arli Liberman at TFM, New Zealand 2014.
|Born||December 17, 1986|
|Genres||World, instrumental rock, progressive rock, middle eastern|
|Instruments||Electric guitar, acoustic guitar electric bass, keyboards, percussion, bağlama, drums|
|Associated acts||Whiteflag Project, Zaviot|
Liberman the youngest of six children was born in Beersheba, Israel. He began guitar at 13 years old and at age 16 began working as a session guitarist with a variety of recording artists in Israel. At age 16 Liberman was discovered and mentored by gold and platinum selling English record producer and bassist Mark Smulian. Mark became a prime influence not only in artistic and musical direction but together with sound engineer Ram Czudnowski also provided pragmatic education in sound engineering and production skills at Digihipi recording studios.
From the years 2005 to 2009 Liberman was a key member of the band Whiteflag Project – one of the Middle East's first world fusion cross-over bands made up of Palestinian and Israeli musicians. He co-produced, edited and played on their latest album Talk released by Phonag Records in 2005. Whiteflag Project performed at various festivals worldwide such as the Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland and the Creation of Peace Festival in Russia. In 2005, Whiteflag Project went on to create an award winning documentary Playing with the Enemy broadcast live on National Swiss Television. In 2008 the band made an appearance for Amnesty International and in 2008 they performed at the Global Peace Festival.
In 2007 Liberman was on the production team and played guitar for the world music project called Ras Hasatan – A Sinai Journey where 50 musicians from all over the world came together in the Sinai Desert, Egypt and created a unique world music album – featuring Israeli artist Mosh Ben-Ari – one of the songs went to the compilation album Putumayo.
At the age of 17 he performed with one of Israel's most prolific artists Shalom Hanoch who is considered to be the father of Israeli rock.
Since 2008 he has been a member of the band Zaviot – one of Israel's premier jazz groups. Zaviot was the most successful, original jazz group in Israel during the 1980s with performances worldwide – featuring clarinet player Harold Rubin. Zaviot performed in the first Red Sea Jazz Festival and won an award for the most original Israeli jazz group.
Liberman's signature sound is a blend of Western and Middle Eastern influences from a blues and rock and roll perspective. He specializes in unique tones and phrasing, eastern scales, alternate chord voicings, song arrangement and phrase looping. In contrast with many players his effects enhance the music rather than his playing. He is constantly experimenting with new sounds through spontaneity and originality while being innovative and progressive through improvisation and expression.
- 2013 – Arli Liberman – Self-titled
- 2005 – Whiteflag – Exile – Guitarist
- 2005 – Shai Naus – The Time has Come – Guitarist, editor & recording engineer
- 2006 – Eyal Kofman – One second before – Guitarist
- 2006 – Chuloo – Oldspice – Guitarist
- 2006 – Har Ephraim – Guitarist & co-producer
- 2006 – Amir Estline – Reflections – Guitarist, recording engineer, editor & co-producer
- 2006 – SoulJa – Recording engineer
- 2007 – Anger Boys – Guitarist
- 2007 – Nagoa – Editor & assistant sound engineer
- 2007 – Theatre Broadway Manhattan, NY – Editor, recording engineer & sound engineer
- 2007 – Rockfour – Memories of the never happened – Editor & assistant sound engineer
- 2007 – Ras Hasatan (A Sinai Journey) – Guitarist, co-producer, sound engineer & editor
- 2008 – Kol Ha Ella (Voice of the Goddess) – Guitarist & editor
- 2008 – Rami Kleinstein Tribute song for Gilad Shalit – Sound engineer
- 2009 – Adi Dagan – Guitarist & assistant sound engineer
- 2009 – Whiteflag Project – Talk – Guitarist, co-producer & editor
- 2012 – Ngatapa Black – I Muri Ahiahi – Producer, arranger & guitarist – Nominated Best Maori Album of the Year at the New Zealand Music Awards 2013)
- 2005 — Playing With The Enemy – with Whiteflag Project
- 2012 — Neighbourhood – Satellite Media
- La 'bandera blanca' Palestina-Israelí
- Abrahami – Netz Productions National Swiss Television
- Maktoob by Sigal Soliman Ras Hasatan Official in Egypt
- Haaretz Zaviot in the Israeli paper Haaretz
- It's important to be a Neanderthal Hebrew
- Zaviot at the Red Sea Jazz Festival
- "One Second Before by Eyal Kofman". Israel-music.com. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- "MOOMA – המוסיקה של ישראל". Mooma.mako.co.il. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- אמיר אסטליין-השתקפויות