|• Total||4.0 sq mi (10 km2)|
|• Land||4.0 sq mi (10 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||7,707 ft (2,349 m)|
|• Density||6.3/sq mi (2.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||1609063|
|Location||South of Interstate 80|
|NRHP Reference #||83004268|
|Added to NRHP||November 25, 1983|
Arlington lies at the intersection of Interstate 80 and WYO 13, northwest of Laramie and east of the city of Rawlins, the county seat of Carbon County. Its elevation is 7,707 feet (2,349 m), and it is located at (41.5946899, -106.2083459).
In its earliest years, Arlington was a commercial stop along the Overland Trail. Founded circa 1860, it began with the establishment of a bridge and stage stop at the crossing of Rock Creek, after which it was named until the early twentieth century. In 1983, the community was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a historic district for its nineteenth-century significance.
In 1882, a post office was established at Rock Creek under the name of "Rock Dale." Except for a gap in 1924 and 1925, a post office with the name of Arlington was operated in the community from 1902 to 1943.
- "2010 City Population and Housing Occupancy Status". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Arlington, Wyoming
- Topographical map of Arlington, United States Geological Survey. Accessed 2009-08-11.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '05. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2005, 116.
- "2010 Wyoming Place Names". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- Rock Creek Stage Station Historic District, Wyoming State Historic Preservation Office, 2009-07-16. Accessed 2009-08-11.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Arlington Post Office
|This article about a location in Wyoming is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|