||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to IMDb. (January 2010)|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
Life and career
Araceli Jover was born in Melilla, a Spanish region . After living there for five years, her family was forced to move to Majorca, in the Balearic Islands (Spain) because of her father's work as a soldier. She is the youngest of seven siblings, four sisters and three brothers.
During her early years, she wanted to become a dancer. She began dancing at the age of 8. At 14 she dropped out of school and at 15 she won a scholarship from the Comité Hispano Norteamericano. Because of this, she left Spain and moved to New York in order to continue to study at the School of American Ballet under Martha Graham. After two years and half in the United States, her career then moved on to becoming an actress sometime around 1995-1996. She had her first role in an episode of the T.V. show Women: Stories of Passion and starred in two international movies Tango, and The Ballad of Johnny-Jane. After that, she did more work in TV, before making her first American movie debut in Blade, in 1998, as Mercury; the vampire lover of Deacon Frost.
In the following years she starred in various small roles in movies and T.V. episodes, as well as larger roles in other movies such as Fish in a Barrel, and Vampires: Los Muertos. After 18 years in the United States, she then moved to France. Shortly after arriving there, she got a major role in the movie L'Empire des loups alongside Jean Reno.
Currently, she lives in Paris, France. Her family still lives in Majorca, Spain, where Arly visits them every year during the summer.
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)- Liv
- Qui a envie d'être aimé? (2011) - Claire
- The Minister (2011)
- Little Ashes (2009) - Gala Dali (UK-Spanish production)
- Les Deux mondes (2007) - Delphine (21/11/2007-Date de sortie)
- Madame Irma (2006) — Ines
- Empire des Loups, L' (2005) — Anna Heymes
- April's Shower (2003) — Sophie
- Vampires: Los Muertos (2002) - Una
- Imposter (2002) — Newscaster #2
- Fish in a Barrel (2001) — Nina
- Four Dogs Playing Poker (2000) — Maria
- The Young Unknowns (2000) — Paloma
- Everything Put Together (2000) — Nurse Edna
- Maria & Jose (2000) — Maria
- Blade (1998) — Mercury
- The Ballad of Johnny-Jane (1995)
- Tango (1994)
- L'Enfant d'une autre (2005) (TV)
- Dragnet (2003) (TV) — Katrina Fluery
- Players (1998) (TV)
- Women: Stories of Passion (1993) (TV)