|Full name||Armand Erwan Dsihounou Gnanduillet|
|Date of birth||30 November 1991|
|Place of birth||Angers, France|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|2010–2012||Le Havre II||24||(3)|
|2011–||Ivory Coast U20||?||(?)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:14, 2 September 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Armand Erwan Dsihounou Gnanduillet (born 30 November 1991) is a footballer who plays as a forward for League Two side Chesterfield. Gnanduillet was born and raised in France, although both his parents originate from the Ivory Coast. The 6’ 4” forward has previously played for French clubs Le Havre and Poissy and is an Ivory Coast Under-20 international. He was named in the Ivory Coast squad for the 2011 CAF African Under-23 Championships.
Time in France
Gnanduillet started his career at Le Havre AC, where he failed to break into the first team but played 24 times for the reserves, scoring 3 goals. He moved from Le Havre AC to AS Poissy in 2012 where he went on to score 5 times in 11 games.
He scored 39 minutes into his first competitive appearance for a Chesterfield F.C. XI against Belper Town F.C. in the Derbyshire Senior Cup, producing a fine finish after running at the heart of the Belper defence. Armand then went on to score on his third league appearance for the Spireites coming on as a half time substitute for Mark Randall against AFC Wimbledon. Gnanduillet stroked a Danny Whitaker cross into the top corner to score his first goal in English football having played just 20 minute game time in League Two. Armand was handed his first start for the first team on 2 March 2013, away against Dagenham & Redbridge.
Gnanduillet was given a two year contract extension at the end of the 2012/13 season by manager Paul Cook. Armand scored the winning goal in the 96th minute of a 2–1 win against Southend United, converting Gary Roberts' corner with a powerful header, ending Southend's unbeaten start to the season. During a Skybet League 2 match against Burton Albion, Gnanduillet became dazed after a head collision with a Burton defender. However, he then went on to claim Chesterfield's Man of the Match award. Armand later went on to score the first of Chesterfield's two goals against York City after converting a penalty won by Gary Roberts. On 30 August 2014, following a match at Port Vale, it was reported that Gnanduillet had suffered alleged racist abuse after reacting to something shouted at him by a Port Vale fan as the teams left the pitch. Chesterfield, Port Vale and Staffordshire Police have since launched an investigation into the incident.
- "Professional retain lists & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. May 2013. p. 4. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- "Ivorian striker Armand Gnanduillet signs for Chesterfield". Derbyshiretimes.co.uk. 21 January 2013. Retrieved 21 January 2013.
- "Armand Gnanduillet". Football.com. 9 February 2013. Retrieved 9 February. |
- "Chesterfield sign Ivorian striker Armand Gnanduillet". BBC Sport. 21 January 2013. Retrieved 21 January 2013.
- "Chesterfield have signed out-of-contract striker Armand Gnanduillet on a deal until the end of the season.". Sky Sports. 27 January 2013. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Cup Win Against Belper". Chesterfield-fc.co.uk. 29 January 2013. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Chesterfield's win keeps them in the chase for the play-offs and leaves AFC Wimbledon bottom of League Two.". BBC.co.uk. 9 February 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Togs Snatches Win Against Daggers". Chesterfield-fc.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- "Police probe 'racist abuse' against Chesterfield player". BBC News. 1 September 2014. Retrieved 2 September 2014.