Armando Di Filippo
Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean
From 1970 until 2000, he served as international officer and investigator for the Economic Commission For Latin America and the Caribbean-ECLAC, a subsidiary of the United Nations in Santiago de Chile. During this period he occupied different posts. Among the most outstanding were:
- Director of Planning and Qualification del Latin American Institute of Economic and Social Planning-ILPES, pertaining to the ECLAC system.
- Qualification Activities Director for ECLAC (from the ILPES).
- Coordinater in the area of Regional Integration for ECLAC (from the Division of International Trade and Development).
- Special Advisor of the ECLAC Executive Secretary in Qualification Activities.
He also organized and/or was a guest in multiple conferences and seminars in the United Nations System. The most recent of these events was the launching of PEKEA (Polítical and Ethical Knowledge on Economic Activities) promoted at the worldwide level by Rennes University (France) and supported by CEPAL and UNESCO.
Armando Di Filippo's academic activities during the last thirty years include teaching at universities across South America and Mexico, France, Spain, Portugal and the United States. Most recently, he has been professor in the following universities:
- Stanford University CLAS & Economics 
- Barcelona University (masters program in Economic Politics) 
- Paris University III, Sorbonne Nouvelle (Institut de Hautes Etudes de L´Amerique Latine
- Stanford University (Overseas Studies Program) 
- Universidad de Chile (Institute of International Studies) 
- Universidad Alberto Hurtado Jesuit University (Chile)  visiting professor at Stanford University, 2004–2005 and 2006
He has authored several books including Desarrollo y Desigualdad Social en América Latina (Colección Lecturas del Fondo de Cultura Económica), Mexico 1981, Raíces Históricas de las Estructuras Distributivas de América Latina, Publicaciones de la CEPAL, Santiago, 1979, Integración Regional, Desarrollo y Equidad (coautoría con Rolando Franco), CEPAL/SIGLO XXI Editores, México, 2000.
He is also an author or various compilations, of which the most recent is Las Dimensiones Sociales de la Integración Regional en América Latina, Libros de la CEPAL, 2000, with Rolando Franco.
Finally, he is the author of multiple articles and essays about economic topics published by CEPAL, CELADE, ILPES, etc. He has published en economic academic journals such as Revista de la CEPAL (Santiago), Trimestre Económico (México), Pensamiento Iberoamericano (Madrid), Revista de CELADE (Santiago), Revista Persona y Sociedad (Santiago), etc. He is the father of Armando, Nicolas, Colomba and Antonia.