Armar Lowry-Corry, 3rd Earl Belmore
Armar Lowry-Corry, 3rd Earl Belmore (28 December 1801 – 17 December 1845), styled Viscount Corry from 1802 to 1841, was an Irish nobleman and politician.
Background and career
Lowry-Corry was the eldest son of Somerset Lowry-Corry, 2nd Earl Belmore and his wife Lady Juliana Butler. His younger brother was Henry Thomas Lowry-Corry, who served as First Lord of the Admiralty under Lord Derby and Benjamin Disraeli.
Lord Belmore married Emily Louise Shepherd, youngest daughter and co-heiress of William Shepherd, of Brabourne, Kent, by his wife Anne Lovel Dawson, daughter of Thomas Dawson, of Edwardstone Hall, Suffolk, and had issue:
- Somerset Lowry-Corry, 4th Earl Belmore
- Admiral Hon. Armar Lowry-Corry RN (25 May 1836 – 1 August 1919), who was married on 8 February 1868 to Geraldine King-King (d. 8 January 1905), fifth daughter of James King-King MP, of Staunton Park, Hereford, by his wife Mary Cochrane Mackenzie, fourth daughter of Kenneth Francis Mackenzie, and had issue
- Hon. Frederick Cecil George Lowry-Corry (24 June 1839 – 12 May 1855)
- Colonel Hon. Henry William Lowry-Corry (30 June 1845 – 6 May 1927), who was married on 21 September 1876 to Hon. Blanche Edith Wood (d. 21 July 1921), third daughter of Charles Wood, 1st Viscount Halifax, by his wife Lady Mary Grey, fifth daughter of Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey, and had issue
Lord Belmore died on 17 December 1845 aged 43 and was succeeded by his eldest son. Lady Belmore died in 1904.
- "LOWRY CORRY, Armar, Visct. Corry (1801-1845).". History of Parliament Online. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- Kidd, Charles, Williamson, David (editors). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage (1990 edition). New York: St Martin's Press, 1990,[page needed]
- Leigh Rayment's Peerage Pages [self-published source][better source needed]
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs [self-published source][better source needed]
- Lundy, Darryl. "FAQ". The Peerage.[unreliable source]
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Earl Belmore
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Hon. Lowry Cole
|Member of Parliament for Fermanagh
With: Mervyn Archdall
|Peerage of Ireland|