According to a leaked dispatch from Richard LeBaron, Deputy Head of the US Mission in London, she shares Mr Hague's pronounced pro-American views. According to LeBaron she described America as "the essential country."
She is a Bosnian Muslim who fled the genocide of the 1990s.
In the aftermath of Israel's 2006 attack on Lebanon, there were rumours that Hague's apparent criticism of Israel - in his remark that "elements of the Israeli response are disproportionate" - reflected the influence of Helic, given his previously staunch support for Israel.
- Department of Information Services, "Parliamentary Information List", accessed 07.09.10
- Walters, Simon; Simon McGee (21 August 2010). "Another Hague special adviser: And another of those baseball cap moments". Daily Mail. Retrieved 4 December 2010.
- David Charter, "Ashdown backed for EU Balkans job", 02.06.10, accessed 08.09.10
- David Leigh, "WikiLeaks cables: Conservatives promised to run 'pro-American regime'", 12.03.10, accessed 01.26.11
- Matthew d'Ancona, "Ignore the rhetoric, Westminster is fizzing with tension", 23.07.06, accessed 08.09.10
|This Bosnia and Herzegovina biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|