Army Group D
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Army Group D was formed on 26 October 1940 in France, its initial cadre coming from the disbanded Army Group C.
On 15 April 1941, the status of Army Group D was upgraded. From that date on, the commander of Army Group D was also to be considered Oberbefehlshaber West (or OB WEST - the Commander in Chief for the Western Theatre). As a result of this, Army Group D is sometimes incorrectly referred to as Army Group West.
- 25 October 1940 - Generalfeldmarschall Erwin von Witzleben
- 15 March 1942 - Generalfeldmarschall Gerd von Rundstedt
- 2 July 1944 - Generalfeldmarschall Günther von Kluge
- 15 August 1944 - Generalfeldmarschall Gerd von Rundstedt
- 11 March 1945 - Generalfeldmarschall Albert Kesselring
Orders of battle
- Seventh Army
- First Army
- Fifteenth Army
- Commander of all German troops of Occupation in the Netherlands