Arno C. Gaebelein
Arno Clemens Gaebelein (1861-1945) was a Methodist minister in the United States of America. He was a prominent teacher and conference speaker. He was also the father of educator and philosopher of Christian education Frank E. Gaebelein.
Being a dispensationalist, he was a developer of the movement in its early days. Two of his books, Revelation, and Analysis and Exposition and Current Events in the Light of the Bible explain the dispensationalist view of eschatology.
"Zionism is not the divinely promised restoration of Israel... Zionism is not the fulfillment of the large number of predictions found in the Old Testament Scriptures, which relates to Israel's return to the land. Indeed, Zionism has very little use of argument from the Word of God. It is rather a political and philanthropic undertaking. Instead of coming together before God, calling upon His name, trusting Him, that He is able to perform what He has so often promised, they speak about their riches, their influence, their Colonial Bank, and court the favor of the Sultan. The great movement is one of unbelief and confidence in themselves instead of God's eternal purposes."
- Revelation, and Analysis and Exposition
- Current Events in the Light of the Bible
- The Annotated Bible, a commentary on both the Old and New Testaments.
- The Harmony of the Prophetic Word, a key to old testament prophecy concerning things to come. (1903)
- The Prophet Daniel (1911)
- The Jewish Question (1912)
- Christ and Glory (1918)
- The Healing Question (1925)
- The Christ We Know (1927)
- The Conflict of the Ages: The Mystery of Lawlessness: Its Origin, Historic Development and Coming Defeat (1933)
Meat In Due Season (Undated)
- The Annotated Bible by Arno C. Gaebelein
- Arno C. Gaebelein's biography at the Pre-Trib Research Center
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|