Arno Tausch (born February 11, 1951 in Salzburg, Austria) is an Austrian political scientist. His research program is focused on world systems theory, development studies and dependency theory, European studies in the framework of core-periphery relationships, and quantitative Peace and conflict studies.
Tausch received his Ph.D. in political science from Salzburg University in 1976  His habilitation at the Department of Political Science at Innsbruck University was concluded in 1988; the Chairperson of his habilitation commission was Professor Anton Pelinka. Since then he has been adjunct professor (‘Universitätsdozent’) at that department.  He is currently also associate visiting professor of Economics at Corvinus University Budapest.  He was previously also associate visiting professor at the Department of Political Science at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. He was also a guest researcher at the Social Science Research Center Berlin (at that time: International Institute for Comparative Social Research) in summer 1981
Tausch is a member of the editorial boards of Entelequia. Revista Interdisciplinar (Universidad de Cadiz)  European Research Studies Journal published by the University of Pireus, Greece,  Innovation: The European Journal of Social Science Research,  Society and Economy, (Journal of the Corvinus University of Budapest),  History & Mathematics Almanac, published by the State University, Volgograd, Russia  and the Journal of Globalization Studies (State University, Moscow) 
As of January 2014[update], Tausch had authored or co-authored according to his academic CV at his website, 16 books in English, 2 in French, and 8 in German,  and a number of articles in English, Spanish, French, Russian, Polish and German in peer-reviewed scholarly journals and articles on current affairs.
Tausch's work is seen mostly in the framework of empirical analyses of globalization and providing a link between dependency theory and world system theory with the empirical analysis of social development in Europe, especially Eastern Europe and in the Muslim world.
His research started with a rethinking of dependency theory in the framework of quantitative data and statistical analysis and work on poverty in the leading industrialized countries. The empirical analysis of dependency, income inequality, and social development in up to 40 countries of the world, with country studies for Brazil and Yugoslavia in his doctoral thesis at Salzburg University on "The limits to growth theory"  was extensively used by the German political scientist Dieter Senghaas for the foundation of dependency theory in his main theoretical work on the international economic order and development policy in 1977. Following the logic of trying to identify the structures, which block Third-World development in the industrialized countries, he then researched on Austrian arms exports to Third World countries, based on United States Arms Control and Disarmament Agency figures.
His habilitation thesis focused on multiple regression models of global development, based on data from the World Bank and Volker Bornschier as well as the World Handbook of Political and Social Indicators III, and tests the relevance of socio-liberal approaches to world development, already inherent in the writings of classical social democratic development theories in Europe in the 1930s with multiple regression and canonical correlation models. This approach was continued and expanded in Socio-Liberal Theory of World Development (1993). In 1998, the US-Association of College and Research Libraries singled out this work as one of the "Outstanding Academic Books" in the period 1993–1998. In 1991 Tausch finished his work on Russia and the global Kondratieff cycle. Tausch then analyzed the effects of the arms trade on social development, especially for the countries of Eastern Europe and the former USSR. Militarism will grow in these countries because of the distribution coalition prone environment of "periphery socialism". In the 1990s, Tausch analyzed migration processes and the transformation of post-communist countries.
Since Tausch’s return to Austria in 1999, his work has included studies of Anti-Americanism, child poverty, Islamism, Kondratieff cycles, liberation theology, pension reform, contradictions of European Union development, efficiency and effectiveness of social spending, global Keynesianism and comparative price levels, Islamophobia, and public health research.
- (1993; in collaboration with Fred Prager) Towards a Socio-Liberal Theory of World Development. Basingstoke and New York: Macmillan/St. Martin's Press
- (2010, with Christian Bischof, and Karl Mueller), "Muslim Calvinism", internal security and the Lisbon process in Europe Rozenberg Publishers, Amsterdam
- (2012, with Almas Heshmati and Ulrich Brand), Globalization, the Human Condition and Sustainable Development in the 21st Century Cross-national Perspectives and European Implications. London, New York and Delhi: Anthem Press
- (2011, with Philippe Jourdon), Trois essais pour une économie politique du 21e siècle: Mondialisation, gouvernance mondiale, marginalisation. Paris: L’Harmattan
- (2011, with Hichem Karoui), Les Musulmans : Un cauchemar ou une force pour l’Europe? Paris: L’Harmattan
- "Arno Tausch", L'Harmattan
- University atSalzburg.
- TDepartment of Political Science
- European Research Studies Journal
- Routledge, London and New York)
- journal Title page,
- "History & Mathematics:". Socionauki.ru. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- "Journal of Globalization Studiesб╩". Old.uchitel-izd.ru. 2004-04-14. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- https://uibk.academia.edu/ArnoTausch]. OCLC Classify currently lists 38 items, with three book titles present at more than 300 global libraries, 
- (2013) ‘La clave son los desequilibrios entre el número de fieles y el de cardenales’ El Tiempo Argentino (Buenos Aires, 17.02.2013: pagina 10. Free access; (2013) ‘Schengen ¿otro fracaso europeo? No solo el euro está en crisis final’ El Tiempo Argentino (Buenos Aires, 6.04.2013).Free access (2013) ‘La teoría se toma revancha’ El Tiempo Argentino (Buenos Aires, 04.05.2013). Free access (2013) ‘Las perspectivas son pesimas’ El Tiempo Argentino (Buenos Aires, sábado 8 de junio de 2013). link
- Alan Freeman, Boris Kagarlicky, Transnational Institute, Amsterdam 2004 The politics of empire. Globalisation in crisis. Cambridge, Polity Press; NOLTE, Hans-Heinrich. "Why is Europe's South Poor? A Chain of Internal Peripheries Along the Old Muslim-Christian Borders," Review Fernand Braudel Center, State University of New York at Binghamton, XXVI, 1, 2003, 49-66; Robert J. Ross 2004. Slaves to Fashion. Poverty and Abuse in the New Sweatshops, The University of Michigan Press; Bernd Hamm 2005 Devastating Society. The Neo-liberal Assault on Democracy and Social Justice Pluto Press, London; 112), 2006. O Espresso, (Lisboa), "À espera do efeito dominó", Jorge Nascimento Rodrigues, 6 de Maio 2006; El Nacional, Venezuela "Tragedia puso a prueba las instituciones". April 18, 2010; WNYC Radio and Public Radio International, in collaboration with The BBC World Service, New York Times Radio and WGBH Boston: Lessons from Latin America: An Education for the EU? Tuesday, December 07, 2010, http://www.thetakeaway.org/people/arno-tausch/; El Nacional July 2, 2011 Saturday, "Polonia deberá liderar a la UE ante el reto de la crisis griega".
- Political Science Quarterly, 1978, Vol. 93, No. 2 (Summer, 1978), pp. 277-299; Rose Gauger, 1980 Wird die Barbarei siegen? Bericht ueber den Widerstand in den USA, Hamburg: Junius-Verlag; Albert Kadan (1979) "Literaturüberblick zum politischen System in Österreich". Austriaca, 8/1979, Université de Haute Normandie
- Die Grenzen der Wachstumstheorie. Vienna Institute for Development, 1976
- Weltwirtschaftsordnung und Entwicklungspolitik: Plädoyer für Dissoziation. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp Verlag KG, 1977, various editions
- These arguments in turn led to a considerable debate on Austria’s arms exports, taken up by the Austrian Deputy of the Green Party, Peter Pilz, (1988). Die Panzermacher: die österreichische Rüstungsindustrie und ihre Exporte. Verlag für Gesellschaftskritik.
- Reviews in Schweizerische Zeitschrift fuer Soziologie, 1988, 14, 2: 354-359 (Michael Nollert); Das Argument, 1989, 173: 134-136 Hans-Heinrich Nolte; Vierteljahresberichte. Probleme der Internationalen Zusammenarbeit (Friedrich Ebert Stiftung), 117, September 1989: 311 – 313; and Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, 1988, 14, 4: 567-570 (Kunibert Raffer)
- See: Political Studies, 1995, 43, 4: 730 - 731 (book review of Towards a Socio-Liberal Theory of World Development, 1993)
- 1998. ACRL Choices outstanding academic books, 1992–1997, Rebecca Ann Bartlett.
- Tausch, Arno 1991 Russlands Tretmuehle. Kapitalistisches Weltsystem, lange Zyklen und die neue Instabilitaet im Osten. Eberhard, Muenchen; reviewed among others in Das Argument by Hans-Heinrich Nolte, 1992; 34, 3: 478-479; see also André Gerrits and Nancy Adler 1994 Vampires unstaked. National images, stereotypes and myths in East Central Europe, Amsterdam: North Holland
- "Armas socialistas, subdesarrollo y violencia estructural en el Tercer Mundo", Revista Internacional de Sociologia, 47(4), 583 - 716.
- On this work see also Dirk Berg-Schlosser and Ferdinand Mueller-Rommel 2003‚ Vergleichende Politikwissenschaft: Ein einfuehrendes Studienhandbuch, Leske and Budrich, Opladen; and Rafael Calduch, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 1993 Dinámica de la Sociedad Internacional Editorial CEURA, Madrid.
- Hannes Hofbauer, 2003‚ Osterweiterung. Vom Drang nach Osten zur peripheren EU-Integration. Wien: Promedia-Verlag; Erhard Busek, 2003 Offenes Tor nach Osten: Europas grosse Chance,’ Molden, Vienna
- Holsti, Ole R. 2009 To see ourselves as others see us: how publics abroad view the United States after 9/11 University of Michigan Press
- OECD (Doing Better for Children. www.oecd.org/els/social/childwellbeing. ISBN Number: 978-92-64-05933-7, Publication Date: 1 September 2009
- Center for Transatlantic Relations. Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies. Johns Hopkins University (Vedran Dzihic/Thomas Schmidinger (eds.): Looming Shadows. Migration and Integration at a time of Upheaval. European and American Perspectives. Washington DC, 2011; American Behavioral Scientist, December 2011; vol. 55, 12: pp. 1581-1600; Erik Bleich: "What Is Islamophobia and How Much Is There? Theorizing and Measuring an Emerging Comparative Concept"; Oldrich Bures, Metropolitan University Prague, Czech Republic , 2011 EU Counterterrorism Policy. A Paper Tiger? Ashgate, Farnham, UK/ Burlington, VT; Ruediger Lohlker, 2008 Islam: eine Ideengeschichte Facultas UTB Wien; furthermore: Milano Finanza, June 2, 2007, Che si legge a Palazzo, and Milano Finanza, September 11, 2007, Commenti & Analisi; Pg. 6, 763; Official Website of the Muslim Brotherhood, http://www.ikhwanweb.com/article.php?id=21090; United States Airforce: TERRORISM 2007, Special Bibliography No. 332, July 2007, Compiled by Bibliography Branch, Muir S. Fairchild Research Information Center, Maxwell Airforce Base, Alabama http://www.au.af.mil/au/aul/bibs/terror07.htm; Al Awan (Kuweit), http://www.awan.com/pages/oped/265351; 12/12/2009 العدد:7; ما يعتقده حقاً مليار و300 مليون مسلم [What one billion and 300 million Muslims really think]; Sociologicky Casopis (Prague), 46, 2, 301-311, Karel Cerny on What 1.3 Billion Muslims Really Think; Karl Pfeifer in Hagalil, October 2010 http://buecher.hagalil.com/2010/10/integration/
- Korotayev Andrey; Zinkina Julia; Bogevolnov Justislav: "Kondratieff waves in global invention activity (1900-2008)". Technological Forecasting and Social Change Volume: 78; Issue: 7; Pages: 1280-1284; Shawkat Alam, Natalie Klein and Juliette Overland, 2011 Globalisation and the quest for social and environmental justice: the relevance of international law in an evolving world order, Abingdon, UK; New York: Routledge
- Ivan Petrella, 2004 The Future of Liberation Theology: An Argument and Manifesto,’ Ashgate, Farnham, UK/ Burlington, VT: Ashgate Publishing Company
- Matthieu Leimgruber, 2012, "The historical roots of a diffusion process: The three-pillar doctrine and European pension debates (1972-1994)". Global Social Policy, April 2012; vol. 12, 1: pp. 24-44; Susan Park; Antje Vetterlein, 2010 Owning development: creating policy norms in the IMF and the World Bank. Matheu Leimgruber, 2008 Solidarity without the State? Business and the shaping of the Swiss welfare state, 1890-2000, Cambridge, UK and New York: Cambridge University Press
- Francesco Duina: Journal of Common Market Studies, Volume 42, Issue 2, Page 437-451, Jun 2004; Fernand Brunet: Journal of Common Market Studies, Volume 46, Issue 3, Page 741-741, Jun 2008
- Associated Press Worldstream - German, 23. Mai 2008 Freitag 2:01 PM GMT, Berliner Zeitung 24.05.08; Bild, 23.05.2008; ddp Basisdienst, 23. Mai 2008; Der Westen (WAZ-Gruppe), 23.05.2008; Deutschlandfunk (interview with Arno Tausch on the Study "Efficiency and Effectiveness of Social Spending") http://www.dradio.de/dlf/sendungen/europaheute/805302/; Die Welt, 23. 05. 2008; Frankfurter Rundschau, 24.05.08; Hamburger Abendblatt; Radio Praha, News 23.05.2008, http://www.radio.cz/de/nachrichten/104386; Spiegel Online 23.05.08; Stuttgarter Zeitung 24.05.08
- OECD – Employment Outlook, 2005 http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/44/22/35333694.pdf; Salvatore Babones, Christopher Chase-Dunn, 2012, Routledge Handbook of World-Systems Analysis, London and New York; Ramón Grosfoguel, Ana Margarita Cervantes Rodriguez, 2002, The Modern/Colonial/Capitalist World-System in the Twentieth Century Greenwood Publishing Group, Westport, Connecticut; Lund Studies in Human Ecology (John Brolin, Lund University, Sweden: "The Bias of the World. Theories of Unequal Exchange in History": Lund Studies in Human Ecology, 9)
- Anouar Majid, 2009 We Are All Moors: Ending Centuries of Crusades against Muslims and Other Minorities, Univ Of Minnesota Press; Nissa Finney; Ludi Simpson, 2011 Sleepwalking to segregation'?: challenging myths about race and migration. Policy Press, Bristol, UK
- Austin, K.F. 2013, "Export agriculture is feeding malaria: A cross-national examination of the environmental and social causes of malaria prevalence", Population and Environment, 35 (2) , pp. 133-158
- Socionauki (Russian social science publications, edited by Uchitel Publishers)
- The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies Monthly Reports
- Citation profile on Google Scholar
- Tausch at REPEC/IDEAS
- Tausch author page at Social Science Research Network, New York
- Tausch' page on Middle East Studies
- [http://www.gloria-center.org/author/arno-tausch/ Tausch author page at Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) and Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) in Herzliya, Israel