||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (September 2014)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)|
|Born||2 November 1965|
|Other names||Hunk Igan|
|Occupation||News anchor, Host, Radio Commentator|
|Notable credit(s)||See awards|
Arnold Clavio (born November 2nd, 1965) is a Filipino radio and television newscaster, journalist, and a TV host in the Philippines. He currently co-anchors GMA Network's late-night newscast, Saksi with Pia Arcangel (formerly with Vicky Morales) and hosts a morning radio show, Dobol A sa Dobol B on DZBB with Ali Sotto, he also writes a column for the tabloid newspaper Abante entitled Hirit Na!.
After graduation, he worked as a news writer at DWIZ, and after a year transferred to field reporting for GMA Network's flagship radio station, DZBB.
In 1994, he was offered a reporter's slot in Brigada Siete, joining the late Louie Beltran and Jessica Soho, this was Igan's 1st TV show on GMA.
He was awarded the top prize by the Department of Health in their Philippine AIDS-STD Media Awards for his report on Sarah Jane Salazar in 1995. In the same year he was awarded the Asian Broadcasting Union's "Best Reportage of a crisis" for his coverage for DZBB of Abu Sayyaf. In 1999, his radio program Dobol A sa Dobol B was named "Best Public Affairs Program" on Radio by the KBP Golden Dove Awards.
In 1996, he became the host of Emergency, the late night news and public affairs program formerly hosted by Edu Manzano. He also became co-host of the network's early morning news and lifestyle program, Unang Hirit.
On March 15th, 2004, he replaced Mike Enriquez as co-anchor of Saksi. In November 2004, he co-hosted Eat Bulaga Silver Special, which was a co-production of TAPE Productions and GMA News and Public Affairs, with his co-host from Unang Hirit, Rhea Santos.
In March 2009, he co-hosted Case Unclosed replacing Kara David.
In September 2009, he worked as a guest newscaster for 24 Oras: Special Edition, with fellow Saksi anchor Vicky Morales. It aired on weekends and was a special newscast after the Typhoons Ondoy and Pepeng, and the Maguindanao massacre.
In March 2010, he became the host of Kandidato, a public affairs talk show conducting an interview with a presidential candidate.
In April 2010, he hosted Tonight with Arnold Clavio. A primetime talk show aired on Q (TV network) and GMA News TV.
In May 2010, Igan hosted a new public service program entitled Rescue.
In February 2011, Igan became solo newscaster on Balita Pilipinas.
On March 15th, 2012, the Philippine Football Federation lodged a formal complaint with the GMA Network regarding allegedly "racist, discriminatory, libelous and malicious statements made by Clavio."
In May 2013, Clavio came out in defense of fellow anchor Jessica Soho in regards to Vice Ganda's jokes about her, expressing his disapproval of Vice's remarks in one of the former's radio programs.
On November 6th 2013, Clavio came under fire for an interview conducted with attorney Alfredo Villamor, who was standing in for Pork Barrel scandal mastermind Janet Napoles on the morning talk show Unang Hirit.
He is married with 3 children.
- Brigada Siete (GMA Network, 1994–2001)
- Unang Hirit (GMA Network, 1999–present)
- Emergency (GMA Network, 1996–2009)
- Saksi (GMA Network, 2004–present)
- Philippine Agenda (GMA Network, 2007)
- Case Unclosed (GMA Network, 2009–2010)
- Kandidato (GMA Network, 2010, 2013)
- Tonight with Arnold Clavio (GMA News TV (formerly aired on Q), 2010–present)
- Rescue (TV program) (GMA Network, 2010–2013)
- Balita Pilipinas (GMA News TV, 2011-present)
- Sanib Puwersa (GMA Network, 2011)
- Dobol B sa News TV (GMA News TV (formerly Q), 2011-2012)
- Alisto! (GMA Network, 2013-present)
- Air Crash Investigation (GMA Network, 2014)
- Dobol A sa Dobol B (Super Radyo DZBB 594, 1998–2008; 2014-present)
- One on One with Igan (Super Radyo DZBB 594, 2008–2014)
- Saksi sa Dobol B (segment co-host; Super Radyo DZBB 594, 1999–present)
Awards and Citations
- Winner, Best Reportage of A Crisis - Asian Broadcasting Union (1995)
- Winner, Broadcast Journalist of the Year 2006 - Rotary Club of Manila Media Awards (2006)
- Winner, Best Public Affairs Program on Radio - KBP Golden Dove Awards (1999)
- "Arnold Clavio honored at the 2012 ust ab gantimpala awards". Philstar.com. 9 April 2012. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "Arnold Clavio Biography". pinoystop. Retrieved 2014-10-02.
- Sallan, Edwin (6 November 2013). "Arnold Clavio gets flak from netizens for rude interview with Napoles lawyer". InterAksyon.com. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "Brown-skin chauvinism: GMA-7, Clavio should apologize (updated)". Center for Media Freedom & Responsibility. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "Rape joke ni Vice Ganda tungkol kay Jessica Soho, binatikos" (in Tagalog). Retrieved 29 May 2013.