|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)|
|Born||2 November 1965|
|Occupation||News anchor, Host, Radio Commentator|
|Notable credit(s)||See awards|
|Religion||Iglesia ni Cristo|
Arnold Clavio (born November 2, 1965) is a popular radio and television newscaster, journalist, and a TV host in the Philippines. He currently co-anchors GMA Network's late-night newscast, Saksi with Vicky Morales and hosts a morning radio show, One on One with Igan on DZBB.
After graduation, he worked as a news writer at DWIZ, and after a year transferred as a radio field reporter to GMA Network's flagship radio station, DZBB.
In 1994, he was offered a reporter's slot in Brigada Siete, joining the late Louie Beltran and Jessica Soho, this was Igan's very 1st TV show on GMA.
He was given the top prize by the Department of Health in their Philippine AIDS-STD Media Awards for his report on Sarah Jane Salazar in 1995. The Asian Broadcasting Union also awarded his Abu Sayyaf coverage for DZBB as the Best Reportage of a Crisis in the same year. In 1999, his radio program Dobol A sa Dobol B was named Best Public Affairs Program on Radio by the KBP Golden Dove Awards.
In 1996, he became the host of Emergency, the late night news and public affairs program formerly hosted by Edu Manzano. He also one of the hosts of the network's early morning news and lifestyle program, Unang Hirit.
On March 15, 2004, he replaced Mike Enriquez to be the co-anchor of Saksi. In November 2004, he co-hosted Eat Bulaga Silver Special, which was a co-production of TAPE Productions and GMA News and Public Affairs, with his co-host in Unang Hirit, Rhea Santos.
In March 2009, he was now on of the host of Case Unclosed which replaced from original host Kara David.
In September 2009, he also become a guest newscaster for 24 Oras: Special Edition with fellow Saksi anchor Vicky Morales. It aired on weekends and was about a special newscast after the Typhoons Ondoy and Pepeng, and the Maguindanao massacre.
In March 2010, he became the host of Kandidato, a public affairs talk show conducting an interview with a presidential candidate who will become the next President.
In April 2010, he hosted Tonight with Arnold Clavio . A primetime talk show aired on Q (TV network) and it was aired also on GMA News TV .
In May 2010, Igan was given a new public service program entitled Rescue.
In February 2011, Igan became a solo newscast on Balita Pilipinas.
In November 5, Clavio launched a tirade at Atty. Alfredo Villamor, who was representing for Pork Barrel scandal mastermind Janet Napoles in an interview for the morning talk show Unang Hirit, drawing the ire of netizens for his behavior.
He is married with 3 children.
- Brigada Siete (GMA Network, 1994–2001)
- Unang Hirit (GMA Network, 1999–present)
- Emergency (GMA Network, 1996–2009)
- Saksi (GMA Network, 2004–present)
- Philippine Agenda (GMA Network, 2007)
- Case Unclosed (GMA Network, 2009–2010)
- Kandidato (GMA Network, 2010, 2013)
- Tonight with Arnold Clavio (GMA News TV (formerly with Q), 2010–present)
- Rescue (TV program) (GMA Network, 2010–2013)
- Balita Pilipinas(GMA News TV, 2011-present)
- Sanib Puwersa (GMA Network, 2011)
- Saksi sa Dobol B (Super Radyo DZBB)
- Alisto! (GMA Network, 2013-present)
- Dobol A sa Dobol B (Super Radyo DZBB, 1998–2008; 2014-present)
- One on One with Igan (Super Radyo DZBB, 2008–2014)
- Saksi sa Dobol B (segment co-host; Super Radyo DZBB, 1999–present)
- Winner, Best Reportage of A Crisis - Asian Broadcasting Union (1995)
- Winner, Broadcast Journalist of the Year 2006 - Rotary Club of Manila Media Awards (2006)
- Winner, Best Public Affairs Program on Radio - KBP Golden Dove Awards (1999)
- "Arnold Clavio honored at the 2012 ust ab gantimpala awards". Philstar.com. 9 April 2012. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- Sallan, Edwin (6 November 2013). "Arnold Clavio gets flak from netizens for rude interview with Napoles lawyer". InterAksyon.com. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "Brown-skin chauvinism: GMA-7, Clavio should apologize (updated)". Center for Media Freedom & Responsibility. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "Rape joke ni Vice Ganda tungkol kay Jessica Soho, binatikos" (in Tagalog). Retrieved 29 May 2013.