|It is proposed that this article be deleted because of the following concern:
If you can address this concern by improving, copyediting, sourcing, renaming or merging the page, please edit this page and do so. You may remove this message if you improve the article or otherwise object to deletion for any reason. Although not required, you are encouraged to explain why you object to the deletion, either in your edit summary or on the talk page. If this template is removed, do not replace it.
This message has remained in place for seven days, so the article may be deleted without further notice.
Please consider notifying the author/project:
Timestamp: 20141218202420 20:24, 18 December 2014 (UTC)
|Residence||New York, United States|
|Institutions||Cult Hot Line, Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services|
|Alma mater||Empire State College, B.S.
Yeshiva University, M.S.W.
|Known for||Director, Cult Hot Line|
|Notable awards||Jonestown Memorial Award (Cult Awareness Network), Margaret Singer Award (ICSA)|
Arnold Markowitz is a Jewish American social worker, psychotherapist, and "cult" critic and researcher. He is the Director of the Cult Hot Line and Clinic of the Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services in New York City. Markowitz also serves as Director of Brooklyn Adolescent Service, also known as "Break-Free Adolescent Services". In 1986, Markowitz was presented with the "Jonestown Memorial Award" by the Cult Awareness Network in memory of victims of People's Temple tragedy in Jonestown, Guyana. He was credited with founding the Cult Hotline and Clinic of the Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services.
- Profile, Arnold Markowitz, M.S.W., Cultic Studies Journal
- Programs, Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services, Break-Free Adolescent Services, Director: Arnold Markowitz, LCSW.
- Jonestown Memorial Awards to New York Educator, Counselor, The Cult Observer, November 21, 1986
- Margaret Singer Award – 26 Years of Helping Families and Ex-members: Lessons from the JBFCS Cult Hot-Line and Clinic, Arnold Markowitz, M.S.W., 2006 Conference, Denver, Colorado. International Cultic Studies Association.
- Profile, Cultic Studies Journal