||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010)|
|Birth name||Arnthor Birgisson|
12 February 1976 |
As young Arnthor attended Adolf Fredrik's Music School in Stockholm, Sweden. He began his professional songwriting and production career in 1996 working at Cosmos Studios together with Kent (Gillström) Isaacs and Bloodshy. In 1997, the founders of Murlyn Music, Anders Bagge and Christian Wåhlberg, saw the potential in Arnthor and Bloodshy, and handpicked them for the newly formed production company. Arnthor's breakthrough came a year later with the song "Because of You" written for 98 Degrees. Birgisson specifically desired to collaborate with Janet Jackson, saying "let's just say we will definitely be prepared if and when that happens." During his tenure at Murlyn Music (until 2003) a series of hits were created for artists such as Janet Jackson, Ronan Keating, Jennifer Lopez, Samantha Mumba and Celine Dion.
In 2008 Arnthor founded the Swedish-based record and production company, Aristotracks, together with businessman Linus Andreen and artist Emilia de Poret. Since then he has written and produced songs for artists such as Britney Spears, Leona Lewis and Shontelle.
Selected songs written / co-written and produced
- 1998 - 98 Degrees "Because of You" - producer/co-writer
- 2000 - Samantha Mumba "Gotta Tell You" - producer/co-writer
- 2001 - Jessica Simpson "Irresistible" - producer/co-writer
- 2002 - Carlos Santana "Let Me Love You Tonight" - producer/co-writer
- 2003 - Celine Dion "Sorry for Love" - co-writer
- 2004 - Janet Jackson "All Nite (Don't Stop)" - producer/co-writer
- 2006 - Danity Kane "Stay with Me" - producer/co-writer
- 2007 - Vanessa Hudgens "Say OK" - producer/co-writer
- 2007 - Enrique Iglesias "Wish I Was Your Lover" - producer/co-writer
- 2008 - Emilia de Poret "Pick Me Up" - producer/co-writer
- 2009 - Natalie Bassingthwaite "Alive" - producer/co-writer
- 2010 - Shontelle "Impossible" - producer/co-writer
- Arnthor Birgisson. "Arnthor Birgisson". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2015-01-20.
- "NORTHERN LIGHTS". Sound On Sound. 10-01. Retrieved 07-03-14. Check date values in:
- "BMI Honors Top European Writers, Publishers at 2005 London Awards; Steve Winwood Named a BMI Icon - News - BMI.com". BMI. 28-11-05. Retrieved 20-02-14. Check date values in:
- "Popjustice Blog".
|last1=in Authors list (help)