|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||1068 ♂/♀|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kasaragode|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Kalliasseri|
This village is located completely on hilltop towards Northeast of Kalliasseri. Aroli village borders the villages of Pappinisseri, Kalliasseri and Anthoor, the Valapattanam River and NH-17 in Kannur District of North Malabar region in Kerala.
Aroli is located at  It has an average elevation of 1 metres (3 feet)..
In ancient days, the area of Aroli was full of Arali flowers. The name Aroli is believed to have been gained by this place due to the thick growth of this flower.
During Kolathiri, Aroli was under reign of Nayanars of Kalliasseri. Along with others, Tippu Sultan, during his invasion to North Malabar destroyed monuments and temples of Aroli too. During the rule of British this place was under Chirakkal Taluk of Malabar District in Madras Presidency. Presently this is a village of Pappinisseri Panchayat in Kannur District of Kerala.
Aroli is famous for:
- Sree Vadeswaram Shiva Temple,
- Mankadavu Juma Masjid,
- Keecheri Paalottu Kavu,
- Chalil Juma Masjid
- Nadacheri Kavu
- Chittothidam Temple
- Kalloori Kavu
- Arayala Temple
- Mechara Kottam
- Kallaikkal Juma Masjid
Sree Vadeswaram Shiva Temple
This temple is situated on Vadeswaram Hill. This temple have a speciality that this is the only temple in Kerala having 'Ashtadhala Sreekovil' and hence it has become very famous Siva Temple of the region. The temple is built on top of this hill which looks like a mountain and hence known as 'Sree Kailasam' of North Malabar. The temple is under Chirakkal Devaswom Board.
Mankkadavu Juma Masjid
Keecheri Paalottu Kavu
Keecheri Paalottu Kavuis a very famous Temple of Aroli. Thousands of people from neighbouring villages also participates in the Annual Vishu Vilakkulsam of this Temple. This Temple is situated near Keecheri on NH-17, around 13 km from Kannur, 11 km and from Taliparamba.
Major towns and roads
- Aroli-Parassinikkadavu Road
- Velapuram-Mankadavu-Dharmasala Road
- Taliparamba Road
- Kannur Road
- Chittothidam-Mangadu Road
- Kattyam-Keecheri Road
- Kalloori-Chalil Road
- The nearest airports are Calicut (about 132 km south) and Mangalore (about 143 km north). "Kannur International Airport" is under construction at Mattannur (മട്ടന്നൂര്) at an approximate distance of 30 km.
- Nearest major Railway Station is Kannur and other nearest Railways Station is Pappinisseri.
- All passenger trains stop at Pappinisseri.
- All the trains runs through this line including New Delhi-Trivandrum Rajdhani Express, stop at Kannur.
- From Kannur : Board any bus going to Parassinikkadavu via. Mankkadavu to alight at any part of Aroli.
- From Parassinikkadavu : Board any bus going to Kannur via. Mankkadavu to alight at any part of Aroli.
- From Taliparamba : Board any bus going to Kannur and alight at any of following Bus Stops to go particular part of Aroli:
- Kalliasseri, Keecheri or Velapuram.
- "Kannur.gov.in : Villages of Kannur District". Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Pappinisseri
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Railway Time Table No 26 : Gandhidham-Nagercoil". Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Railway Time Table No 26A : Nagercoil-Gandhidham". Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Railway Time Table No 26-1 : Monsoon Timing Gandhidham-Nagercoil". Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Railway Time Table No 26-1A : Monsoon Timing Nagercoil-Gandhidham". Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Railway Time Table No 86 : Chennai-Mangalore". Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Railway Time Table No 86A : Mangalore-Chennai". Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Railway Time Table No 85 : Nagercoil-Mangalore". Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Railway Time Table No 85A : Mangalore-Nagercoil". Retrieved 2010-07-13.