|Industry||Accounting and consulting|
|Headquarters||Rockville, Maryland, United States|
|Jeffery P. Capron, Managing Partner|
Aronson LLC is an American accounting and financial consulting company based in Rockville, Maryland. The company employs more than 200 accountants, consultants and administrative staff. and specializes in financial audit, tax and management consulting services for clients that include both individuals and corporations. The company provides services for vertical markets including construction, diversified commercial, government contracting, nonprofit, professional services, real estate and technology companies.
The firm was formed in 1962 by Gerald R. Aronson. With additions to management came several name changes: in 1974, the firm was renamed Aronson, Greene, Fisher & Co., Chartered; in 1986 it became Aronson, Fetridge, Weigle & Stern; in 1992, Aronson Fetridge, Weigle & Schimel; in 1994, Aronson, Fetridge & Weigle; and in 2001, Aronson & Company. In 2011, the firm adopted its current name, Aronson LLC when it changed its corporate management structure.
In 2004 the company established the Aronson Foundation, a charitable organization, in 2004, with a primary focus on the needs of children. Foundation funding comes from donations and philanthropic work by company staff, officers, clients and contacts.
In 2005, Aronson merged with Capron Associates, LLP, a small public accounting firm based in Bethesda, Maryland. Capron was absorbed into Aronson's organizational structure, operating under the Aronson name and moving to their Rockville offices. In 2008, the company integrated Norman A. Snyder, III, CPA's audit practice, formerly associated with Virginia's Fitzgerald, Snyder & Co., into their practice. In 2009, Aronson moved to new headquarters in Rockville.
Affiliated companies include Aronson Capital Partners, an investment bank providing mergers and acquisitions services, corporate finance and valuation services to middle-market companies in the defense and government technology services industries; and SpringReef Partners, LLC for wealth management consultancy.
Aronson LLC is a member of Praxity, a global alliance of independent firms, organized as an international not-for-profit entity under Belgian law, with administrative office in London.
Awards and recognition
In 2014, Aronson was recognized by the Washington Business Journal as one of the Washington, D.C. Metro area’s "Best Places to Work", in the large (local) category. The company was also recognized for this award in 2007, 2008, 2012, 2013.
In 2014, Aronson was named one of Accounting Today's Top 100 Firms.
In 2014, Aronson was named a "Top Workplace" by the Washington Post.
In 2012, the firm was a winner of the Gazette of Business & Politics Exceptional 53 awards.
In 2010, the company won the Montgomery County Chamber's Corporate Social Responsibility Award.
In 2008 the firm was included in CPA Trendlines' "25 'Best of the Best' CPA Firms".
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (December 2014)|
Jeffery P. Capron, Robert S. Bender, John A. Betz, Timothy Cummins, Mario J. DeLuca, Rob Eby, James D. Fennel, William C. Foote, Amanda S. Fuller, Mark T. Gossart, Harry A. Harrison, Brenda L. Jayne, Alexandra B. Kessler, Jack. E. Koniszewski, Hope A. Lane, Alan J. Langelli, Nicole M. Mitchell, J. Michael Muscatello, Kathryn E. Petrillo, Stuart A. Rosenberg, Laurence C. Rubin, David H. Semindinger, Norman A. Snyder, Philip A. Steigner, Robert W. Stern (ret.), Craig R. Stevens, Stephen T. Swales, Chavon Wilcox.
- Aronson & Company (21 August 2007). "Aronson & Company Named a Top 50 Accounting Firm". prnewswire.com.
- "Aronson LLC | About Us".
- "Aronson LLC". Vault.com.
- "Aronson Creates Foundation Serving Childrens' Needs". Accounting Today. 2 June 2004.
- WebCPA staff (7 September 2005). "Aronson & Co. Merges in Bethesda Firm". Accounting Today.
- Tamika Cody (6 August 2013). "Aronson Acquires SpringReef Partners". Accounting Today.
- "Praxity Participating Firms".
- "Best Places to Work 2014: Large Companies". Washington Business Journal. American City Business Journals. May 9, 2014. Retrieved February 5, 2015.
- "Best Places to Work 2007". Washington Business Journal.
- "Best Places to Work 2008". Washington Business Journal.
- "Best Places to Work 2012: The Companies". Washington Business Journal. 1 June 2012.
- "Best Places to Work 2013: Large Companies". Washington Business Journal. 10 May 2013.
- "The 2014 IPA Best of the Best Firms" (PDF). Inside Public Accounting.
- "IPA Special Report - The 2014 IPA 100 Firms" (PDF).
- "Accounting Today 2014 Top 100 Firms".
- "Top Workplaces".
- "P&B 53".
- "Business Awards - About the Awards and Past Winners".
- "INSIDE Public Accounting Names the 25 "Best of the Best" CPA Firms". CPA Trendlines.
- "Aronson LLC | Partner Profiles".