|Traded as||NASDAQ: ARRS|
|Headquarters||Suwanee, Georgia, USA|
|Robert J. Stanzione, CEO|
|Revenue||$1,088.69 Million USD (2011)|
|$14.63 Million USD (2011)|
|$17.66 Million USD (2011)|
|Total assets||$1.36 Billion USD (2011)|
|Total equity||$916.21 Million USD (2011)|
Number of employees
|2,211 (DEC '11)|
ARRIS Group Inc. is a telecommunications equipment manufacturing company that provides cable operators with high-speed data, video and telephony systems for homes and businesses. The company is headquartered in Suwanee, Georgia, USA, and has design, engineering, manufacturing, distribution, service and sales office locations throughout the world.
Two of the company's popular home telephony modems are the TM402P and the TM502G. The firm also produces the SBG6782-AC wireless cable modem-and-router (residential gateway) unit, among other telecommunications and data-transfer products.
ARRIS purchased C-COR in late 2007.
On September 1, 2009, ARRIS acquired certain assets of EG Technology, Inc., (EGT), an Atlanta-based company. That same month, ARRIS purchased the assets of Digeo, Inc. (including Moxi), for approximately $20 million.
On December 19, 2012, ARRIS announced that it would acquire Motorola Mobility's home unit (the former General Instrument company) from Google for $2.35 billion in cash and stock. The acquisition was completed on April 17, 2013. With that acquisition, ARRIS grew its presence in the set-top box market.
- ARRIS TM402P FAQ Videotron VoIP cable English - dslreports.com
- ARRIS Acquires Assets of EG Technology Inc.
- ARRIS Purchases Digeo, Inc. in Cash Transaction
- ARRIS Group to buy BigBand Networks for $172M
- ARRIS Group, Inc. (December 19, 2012). "ARRIS To Acquire Motorola Home Business For $2.35 Billion In Cash And Stock" (Press release). Thomson Reuters.
- Tess Stynes (December 20, 2012), "Google Sells Cable-Box Unit for $2.35 Billion", The Wall Street Journal: B2
- "ARRIS Acquires Motorola Home: Creates Premier Video Delivery and Broadband Technology Company Powerful Combination Transforms Industry, Accelerates Innovation" (Press release). April 17, 2013.
- Jeff Baumgartner (14 Jan 2015). "ARRIS Not Boxed Out Of ‘Worldbox’ Opportunity". multichannel.com. Retrieved 25 Jan 2015.
- Bruce, Kenny (August 19, 2014). "Carl Edwards to join Joe Gibbs Racing in 2015: Driver will run fourth car for Joe Gibbs Racing starting in 2015; Suarez becomes full-time NNS driver for organization". NASCAR.com. Huntersville, North Carolina: NASCAR. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- www.arris.com ARRIS Group site