Arriva Fox County
|Founded||6 September 1981|
Ashby de la Zouch
Burton upon Trent
|Service type||Bus services|
|Fleet||200+ (March 2014)|
|Chief executive||Alex Perry|
In September 1981 Midland Red East was formed with 181 buses operating from five depots in Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire as part of the breakup of the Midland Red bus company, and in January 1984 was renamed Midland Fox. In 1987 it was privatised in a management buyout. Several smaller operators including Loughborough Bus & Coach Company were purchased and in 1989 it was sold to the Drawlane Group. In November 1992 it was sold to British Bus which in August 1996 was sold to the Cowie Group.
In September 1996 the Sandacre Street, Leicester depot closed. In November 1997 the Cowie Group was renamed Arriva and Midland Fox was rebranded as Arriva Fox County. In 2003 Arriva Fox County merged with Arriva Derby and Arriva Midland North to form Arriva Midlands.
On 11 July 2009 the Southgates depot closed and then on 3 October 2011 the Thurmaston depot and head office moved to a new purpose built depot.
Arriva Fox County operated services around the Hinckley area until August 2008 when the operations were sold to Centrebus Holdings, a joint venture between Centrebus and Arriva. In September 2013, Arriva took full control of Centrebus Holdings including the Hinckley depot, with the operation now trading as HinckleyBus.
As at March 2014 the fleet consisted of 200+ vehicles.
- Companies House extract company no 2141078 Arriva Midlands Limited formerly Arriva Fox County Limited formerly Midland Fox Limited
- Companies House extract company no 1556557 Foxhound Limited formerly Midland Fox Limited formerly Midland Red (East) Limited
- Midland Red Depots MidlandRed.net
- Arriva Midlands History Arriva
- Cowie Group plc and British Bus Group Limited: A report on the merger situation Competition Commission 31 October 1996
- Principal operating subsidiaries of British Bus Competition Commission 1997
- Arriva Midlands Thurmaston depot and HQ moves to a new base Arriva
- Centrebus Herts & Beds Oxford & Chilterns Bus Page 31 August 2008
- "Arriva takes control of East Mids bus operator". 11 September 2013.
- Hinkley Bus Arriva
- "Fleet list". Retrieved 2 March 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arriva Fox County.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Midland (bus company).|