|Service area||East Midlands
|Service type||Bus services|
|Chief executive||Alex Perry|
Arriva Midlands North
In September 1981 Midland Red North was formed with 230 buses operating from six depots in Shropshire, Staffordshire and the West Midlands as part of the breakup of the Midland Red bus company. In May 1983 the Ludlow depot was closed. In January 1988 Midland Red North was sold to the Drawlane Transport Group. In November 1992 it was sold to British Bus which in August 1996 was sold to the Cowie Group.
In 2003 the Arriva Midlands North garages in Crewe, Macclesfield and Wilmslow were transferred to Arriva North West. The remaining parts of Arriva Midlands North were combined with Arriva Derby and Arriva Fox County to form Arriva Midlands. Buses still operate with Arriva Midlands North legal name (except Burton which uses Stevensons of Uttoxeter).
In February 2007 the business of Chase Coaches was purchased with 27 buses with operations integrated into Arriva's Cannock depot. In late 2007 a new ChaseLinx brand (similar to the Leicester Linx brand below) was introduced, reflecting the purchase of Chase Coaches.
In December 2007 Swadlincote depot closed with operations transferred to Burton upon Trent. In August 2008 the Hinckley depot and services were sold to Centebus Holdings. In January 2009 Shifnal depot closed while in the same month Bridgnorth reopened.
In December 2010 the business of Wardle Transport, Stoke-on-Trent was purchased with 64 buses, followed in June 2011 by the Staffordshire operations of D&G Bus with 30 buses that was integrated with Wardle Transport and in August 2012 Midland of Wednesfield from D&G Bus with 61 buses.
Arriva Fox County
In September 1981 Midland Red East was formed with 181 buses operating from five depots in Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire as part of the breakup of the Midland Red bus company, and in January 1984 was renamed Midland Fox. In 1987 it was privatised in a management buyout. Several smaller operators including Loughborough Bus & Coach Company were purchased and in 1989 it was sold to the Drawlane Group. In November 1992 it was sold to British Bus which in August 1996 was sold to the Cowie Group and later renamed Arriva Fox County.
In September 2013, Centrebus Group sold its shares in Centrebus Holdings to Arriva which included depots and services in West Yorkshire along with the operations based in Hinckley which are now trading as Hinckley Bus and are again a part of Arriva Midlands, having been sold to Centrebus Holdings in August 2008.
Hinckley Bus operate a number of Leicestershire County Council tendered bus services to villages that surround Hinckley including Burbage and Sharnford, Thurlaston, along with commercially operated services to Lutterworth, Market Harborough, Barwell, Rugby and Leicester.
Arriva Midlands operate 14 depots in:
- Burton Upon Trent
- West Bromwich
- South Wigston
- Companies House extract company no 2141078 Arriva Midlands Limited formerly Arriva Fox County Limited formerly Midland Fox Limited
- Companies House extract company no 1556305 Arriva Midlands North Limited formerly Midland Rd (North) Limited
- Midland Red Depots MidlandRed.net
- Companies House extract company no 2756785 Burroughs Hill Limited formerly Drawlane Transport Group plc
- Arriva Midlands History Arriva
- Cowie Group plc and British Bus Group Limited: A report on the merger situation Competition Commission 31 October 1996
- Principal operating subsidiaries of British Bus Competition Commission 1997
- Arriva acquires Chase Coaches 'Busandcoach.com 27 February 2007
- Centrebus Herts & Beds Oxford & Chilterns Bus Page 31 August 2008
- Arriva Midlands announces acquisition of Wardle Transport Arriva 8 December 2010
- Arriva boosts Midlands bus operation with Wardle Transport purchase Transport Xtra 9 December 2010
- Arriva Midlands acquires D&G busandcoach.com 10 June 2011
- D&G Buses bought by Arriva - owners blame subsidy cuts for sale The Sentinel 11 June 2011
- Arriva Midlands to expand operations in the West Midlands Arriva 10 August 2012
- Arriva Midlands - In Derby The Derby Bus Depot
- Derby Corporation Transport 1899 - 1986 Peter Gould
- Companies House extract company no 1556557 Foxhound Limited formerly Midland Fox Limited formerly Midland Red (East) Limited
- Centrebus (Holdings) Limited Arriva 9 September 2013
- Arriva takes joint venture control busandcoach.com 12 September 2013
- Hinckley Bus Arriva
- Contracted bus routes (3 - 25) Leicestershire County Council
- Contracted Bus Routes (113 - 162 & Miscellaneous Services Leicestershire County Council
- Arriva Midlands UK Buses
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arriva Midlands.|