Arrow Classic Rock
|Slogan||De muziek van je leven|
|Frequency||Only on Dutch cables. Available worldwide through internet|
|First air date||1996|
|Owner||Flux Media Factory BV|
|Sister stations||SubLime FM
Arrow Classic Rock is a Dutch radio station, that despite its name plays pop & some rock music. Arrow Classic Rock broadcasts on FM and is also receivable via cable, all nationwide. The station began in 1996 and bought AM 828 from Veronica FM in 1998. In 2003 the frequencies of medium wave had been redistributed and the station moved to AM 675. In May 2007 Arrow bought Caz! to use their FM frequencies and stop broadcasting on AM. On 31 January 2008 they ceased their AM transmissions, transmitting an announcement in English advising their move to FM and to use the web stream.
Once a year the station organizes Arrow Rock Festival, one of the largest rock festivals in the Netherlands with dozens of big-name bands playing every year. Aerosmith performed at Arrow Rock Festival 2007 along with Scorpions and Europe. In 2008, Kiss headlined the festival.
In October Arrow has Rocktober which is in the spirit of Rock, that includes:
- The sympho-25 (the 25 best sympho-rock songs)
- The blues top 50
- The album top 100 of the 70's 80's and 90's
- The best guitar player, singer, bass player and drummer
- The Arrow rock 500
- British Invasion
- Rock in Waterland
In February 2009, Arrow was ordered by the Radiocommunications Agency to cease Arrow Classic Rock broadcasting on FM frequencies across the Netherlands by March 11 after owing under €7 million in licence fees. Arrow Classic Rock was now to received on AM 828 kHz 24 hours a day with a power of 5 kW, but on 5 May 2009 this transmitter was switched off.
After its assets were seized by the Government, Arrow was declared bankrupt in April 2009. As a result, Arrow Classic Rock does not have any DJ's left. Arrow now broadcasts around the clock without a DJ.
- Sennitt, Andy (2009-02-18). "Dutch commercial radio feeling the crunch". Radio Netherlands Worldwide.
- "Middengolf (MG/AM)". Radio en TV zenders in Nederland. Retrieved 2009-05-07.
- "Faillissement voor radiostations Arrow" (in Dutch). Nederlandse Omroep Stichting. 2009-04-30. Archived from the original on 3 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-07.