Art. Lebedev Studio
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2013)|
|Key people||Artemy Lebedev|
The studio creates industrial and graphic design for commercial entities and doesn't accept work from private citizens and political or religious organizations. Its motto is "Design will save the world." As of November 2011, they have five principal art directors and over 200 employees. The Studio’s headquarters is situated in Moscow, and there are offices in Kiev and New York.
According to the rating of Russian advertising research company AdMe, Art. Lebedev Studio is the leading web studio in Russia.
Art. Lebedev Studio is owned by the holding company Art. Lebedev Group (ALG), which owns several other design and advertising companies.
History and work
The studio began with graphic design, then expanded to include interfaces, web design, and most recently industrial design. It has an educational center, a publishing house, a media department, and several software teams.
The studio's official website is available in Russian and English. Examples of work in the portfolio are often explained in detail.
To accentuate the studio's particular attention to typesetting, the site is typeset as if it were a printed book; for example, punctuation marks and characters which extend to the left (Ф, О, Т, V, т and several others) are rendered several pixels to the left when they are at the beginning of a line.
- Parser, a web scripting language developed by the studio for its web projects and released as free software.
- "A few words about Art. Lebedev Studio". Artlebedev.com. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "Результаты рейтинга: TOP-100 ведущих веб-студий 2007". Adme.ru. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "Artemy Lebedev's .com-Mandership, § 120. Hanging punctuation". Artlebedev.com. 19 October 2005. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "Portfolio of Art. Lebedev Studio". Artlebedev.com. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "Vaporware 2007: Long Live the King". Wired. 20 December 2007.